4

"leaning in"

"Zaelia."
Jodyn whisperingly called out my name. She wavered her hands cautiously, in an attempt not to be caught by the teacher.

I shooked my head, trying to bring my attention back to class. I looked over to my best friend and she seemed all worried, her brows arched in a questionable manner, expecting me to give her a reason for my being like this.

"Alright, students, I expect you all to be prepared with the works by tomorrow. No excuses alright?"

"Yes sir!"
The students replied in unison.

After the professor exited the class, Jodyn walked her way towards me, still frowning.

"Care to tell me, what's bothering you?"

"What?"

"Oh, don't act innocent with me? You've been spacing out for hours in the class."

I sighed, grabbing my head. She might as well become an investigator in future.

"Well-"

Jodyn seemed too curious, waiting for me to open up. Eventually bringing a chair close by and sat on the other side of the table.

"There's this man-"
Jodyn's excitement then disappeared the moment I mentioned the word she hated the most, 'man'.

She had a blunt expression now knowing what'd she expect to hear after, but it wasn't my story, it was the story between him and Ms Kaylee.

"So you're into older man now?"
Jodyn asked, slightly smiling, probably for my sake.

"Will you listen first? Your assumptions maybe wrong. And no, I'm not into older man. It's just that, I've found out something about him that I'm not supposed to?"
I was confused, but even more anxious about our next encounterment.

I don't think he's the kind to easily give up on coming to see the person he loves, just because of a mere person like me finding out about his weakness.

I thought.

"Well it's nothing big"
I simply shrugged off the topic, realising it's best if I keep it to myself.

"What? You're going to shut me out?"
Jodyn was disappointed but not surprised at all.

"Whatever it is, if you can't keep up, you know I'm here"
Jodyn patted my head, assuring that she didn't mind at all. I know this better than anyone, after all, she is my best friend.

A week has passed but he hasn't visited the shop yet.

Was I seriously not supposed to find out about his impairment?

I felt a sudden guilt of emotions flooding in, this burden, I didn't like it at all.

Why's he making me suffer like this?

If he so hated the fact that someone found out about his impairment then he's just being such an immature man!

I was pissed, mentally so pissed off that I dropped a vase out of frustration.

The clashing noises of the clay reflected back in my ear, I knelt down, trying to clean up the mess I made.

When I got back to the counter, my heart thumped louder than usual, my eyes never leaving those honey-dark orbs.

He's here.

He stood outside the shop, his bitter expression still laid on his face.

Well I guess he isn't coming in?
I presumed.

Just when he turned his back, my body instantly moved. I quicky ran out of the shop and got hold of his arm, restraining him from walking any further.

"Why're you trying to run away? Is it that bad that I found out about your impairment?"
I know I sounded rude and out of respect, but a week was too much time, he made me feel guilty for too long that I couldn't let him off this time.

A/N: Unedited

More covers:

By _GlitchSky_

Thank you so much, these are beautiful :')-junvi

-junvi