11

"the falsely accused"

"Where is she?!"
While questioning about Zaelia's whereabouts, Jaeyun raged out his anger on the man, who was suppose to keep close track of her.

Realization of her absence hit him the moment he found her purse lying on a table and she was nowhere to be seen.

"My, my, what a ruckus."
Mr. Cheong stood by the door, watching the scene unfold right before his eyes. He looked around, observing.
"So it seems that I've hired only useless bunch of people"
The maids who were arranging the furnitures turned pale and terrified by his sentence, definitely aware that he was talking about them.

Then turning his attention back to Jaeyun, he spoke
"Jaeyun, I need you in my office, immediately"
Leaving a strict order behind, Jaeyun followed him.

"You called me in?"
Jaeyun was now faced with a displeased old man, who sat upstraight on his chair, puffing out the smoke off his cigarette.

"Well, how should say this? Zaelia is really stubborn and foolish, as expected, just like her mother"
His tone changed by the end, as though he already had the problem solved in his head.
"I realized that she's only going to be an annoying obstacle, I don't need her to come back anymore, instead, just dispose of her"

"No! You can't!"
Jaeyun retorded back, refusing to do what he was told to.

"What?"
Mr. Cheong now looked at Jaeyun, even more displeased than before.
"What did you say?"

"Not Zaelia, please, not her."

"Jaeyun, are you going to turn your back on me? The only person who gave you everything? You're going to abandon your position after all that I've gone through for you?"

"No, I'd never. But please, atleast not Zaelia. I'll be responsible for her"

"So you plan to bring her back and lock her up in this mansion?"

"Yes."

Mr. Cheong scoffed at his reply. As he got up from his seat, he walked closer to where Jaeyun stood.
"Now you tell me, who will she be more inclined to receive help from? Is it you, the murderer of her parents? Or me, her grandfather?"

Landing his hand on Jaeyun's shoulder, Mr. Cheong sneered.
"Well, she'll never believe the murderer anyway, but of course, I know you didn't murder them."

"Mr. Cheong!"

"Don't disappoint me, Jaeyun. Make a wise decision"
Jaeyun's hands gripped tight in a fist, unable to bear the words coming out from the older man's mouth.

"I'm not the boy I was before. Let me do the right thing. I won't let her know about the past, I swear."

"Do whatever. But your mask will eventually be found out. She'll come to realize soon, and when that time comes. I want you to stay out of way."

"I-"

"Remember, Jaeyun. You can't do anything about it when I take over."

And he walked away, leaving Jaeyun frustrated and anxious. His hands ran through his hair, feeling troubled by the sudden change of plan.

"Argh, Zaelia!"
He thought maybe, if he were threatening her with warnings, she would stay quiet and obedient but he underestimated her, way lot. And now that the tables have turned, he had no other choice but to find her, not for threatening her but this time, to protect her.

"This is awkward"
Taehyung mumbled to himself, as he sat on the chair right opposite to the girl he drugged last night.

His legs kept on fidgeting as he was not able to stay calm in a situation like this.

That scene just couldn't get out of his head, making himself feel more embarrassed and in pressure.

He sighed.

"Zaelia, I'm sorry about the-"
When he tried to apologise to her about yesterday's incident, his words were suddenly cut short by her hateful stare.

Great, she despises me now.
He presumed as she didn't speak a word, but her face showed it all, otherwise.

"What do you want from me?"
Zaelia asked, displeased by the fact that she was forced, more like kidnapped by the person she least expected.

"I'm just following what I'm told to"
Taehyung answered, realizing  that beating around the bush would just deemed worthless now.

"And who instructed you to do this?"

"He'll be here soon"
Silence followed after their heated conversation, no one even dared to speak any further.

Seconds passed, minutes passed but the man was still yet to intrude.
"Mr. Taehyung, please tell me the truth! Is there even someone, who is so kind enough to help a person like me?"

"There is"
A voice followed behind her, answering her question. In an instant, Zaelia quickly stood up from her seat and turned back to face the person.

"Mr. One"
Taehyung greeted the old lad, as he stood up from his seat as well and bowed.

"Miss Jung Zaelia, daughter of Jung Sou. I'm Jeon One, a close acquaintance of your father's."
Mr. One formally introduced himself, making a firm first impression.

"I know you currently have tons of questions swirling up your head, but let me first say this. For your safety, please trust in me and stay with this man."

"I don't need your help"

"And I'm neither asking for your permission or acknowledgement, Zaelia."

"Look, I've had enough people dying in my stead! Just let me go, please. My grandfather would be in grave danger if I leave him alone with that man."

Mr. One scoffed lightly, he looked at her in sympathy, he knew better than anyone who the real devil was.
"Zaelia, let me tell you one thing. You better keep your eyes open wide. Your grandfather will be securely safe even without you."

"What do you mean-?"

Cutting their conversation short, Mr. One now heeded to Taehyung. He watched him for a moment and walked to where he was.

"I wouldn't have noticed it until now, looking at you, it just reminds me of those days I wish to go back to"
Taehyung who was confused by Mr. One's sudden change in behaviour, couldn't utter a word out.

"Keep Zaelia safe. You're the president now, so take good care of the company that your father built for you."
His last sentence triggered Taehyung. He couldn't understand a thing Mr. One was saying and before he could confirm it, he was left unanswered.

"Who do you think you are! Just saying useless things like that! What do you mean by my father's company? Are you seriously abandoning your place? Mr. One! Answer me!"
But before Taehyung could reach out to him,  the door closed shut, right infront of him. The guards did not allow him to approach Mr. One any further, till the moment where he was finally out of sight.

A/N : Unedited