8

"no heed"

                             "So, you ran away from home and now you're back again

                             "So, you ran away from home and now you're back again. What a futile being you are, unreliable and useless."
Grandfather's comments were ruthless and unpleasant to listen to, but I wasn't a bit surprised because I knew what kind of environment this household beared.

This home, the place where I grew up had many bitter events and memories, which I refuse to recollect about.

"Jaeyun is bearing all the responsibilities that you're supposed to take over! Couldn't you be least thankful to him?"

Back in my mind, I was scoffing at his words, such exaggerations.
I'm still a student, and he expect me to take over his work?

To think he would toil such pressure on his own granddaughter.
And he doesn't even know what this man actually committed, he doesn't know that Jaeyun is the cause behind my parent's death.

Even after I tried warning him about this man, grandfather simply shrugged me off.

I saw his favouritism been shown right in front of my eyes. He wouldn't even believe me.
Grandfather is simply turning a blind eye on me.

How naive.

"Zaelia!"

"Excuse me, father. You shouldn't exert yourself so much, let's leave this matter be, for today."
Jaeyun calmly suggested.

"Forget it! Since this girl is too ignorant to even care about her own grandfather, I'll simply tell her my decision."
I was unable to bear the hypocrisy in his tone. Just what kind of a grandparent disregard their own grandchildren for the wrong doings they haven't even committed?

And what kind of decision did he resolved?
As clueless I was, I had my guts urging me to prepare for something even worse.

"Zaelia, you will marry Jaeyun"

"What?"

Did I hear it right?
I thought my ears weren't listening well.

"By the end of this year, when you turn 20, you'll marry Jaeyun."

"That's-!"

"Don't start me up by saying that it's illegal for you two to be married because it will work! Jaeyun is of age where he needs a partner. And you, being the sole survivor of our family line will marry him!"

"Grandfather! He's my uncle-!"

"Uncle by law! I can disown him and have him marry you in an instant! And that's final! Now get out!"

Impossible

Me marrying the murderer was the last thing I wanted to be encounter with.