12

Taehyung's pov

Taehyung's pov

"We've seen your proposal. It is satisfactory according to our president, seems beneficial on both end. Yes, thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Park. We hope to see you soon."
While Moonbyul was negotiating with the company's respected business partners, I was seated on the chair, which once belonged to Mr. One.

It's almost been a week since Mr. One stepped down from his position and here I am, slowly coping up and resuming with the works left by him. Upon my sudden arrival, there were a few employees who weren't happy with the retirement of Mr. One, meanwhile there were others who wished for a prosperous and better business in future.

I pondered upon the many thoughts of Mr. One abandoning his position but for him to simply leave because of a mere girl, 'Zaelia'. It just didn't make up to the point and for him to suddenly bring up my father's name.

Why would he do that?

Zaelia and I were in realization when Mr. One revealed that our fathers were close acquaintances, including himself. But that was it, nothing more or less.

I couldn't find out more about the past but to hear the story about my father from Mr. One's mouth just didn't appease me.

"Taehyung?"
I was startled when Moonbyul called out to me.

"What is it?"

"Here's the plan for the tech building from Mr. Park, please have a look at it."

"Oh"
I took the file and looked over the pages, flipping it one after the other. Clearly, I wasn't in the mood to go through it, even the thing about these paper works felt really unfamiliar.

"Are you bothered?"
Moonbyul questioned me out of the blue.

"About what?"
I continued flipping the pages, least bothered to even look up to her. I simply asked her nonchalantly, ignoring the fact that I know what she was actually referring to.

"You clearly know that you can't fool me, I know you."

"Huh.."
I sighed, while my hand reached up, rubbing the temple of my forehead.

"I don't know what he's trying to do..."
I spoke, my body pushed back against the chair.
"I hated it when he spoke of father's work and speaking about how this seat rightfully belonged to me. I hate the fact that he told me just like that and left me without telling me, exactly everything"

"I'm sure he meant you no harm"

But I couldn't be so sure of it.

Less than a minute, the alarming ring of the office's telephone interrupted our conversation.

And like every assistant would perform, Moonbyul picked it up, answering, without a hassle.

"Yes? Well who is it? Tell me the name. What? What do you mean they-?"
Moonbyul's face frowned into a displeased one, while talking over the phone. And before I could ask what the issue was, a few men barged inside the office without my prior allowance.

After the men walked in and settled on their position, a man followed, entering the office and walking straight to where I was.

"You have no right to barge in like this without an appointment!"
Moonbyul interrupted, demanding that they leave immediately but the man wasn't near to even back out.

To think, he have this much courage to come here.
I hissed silently.

"Without an appointment? Well I apologised for my rudeness but I just cannot stay quiet and be still when Mr. Taehyung, over there..."
He glanced at me, infuriatingly.
"have taken someone precious to me and Mr. Cheong"
Without a doubt, anybody could see the anger residing his face.
He probably have found out that Zaelia was with me after her sudden disappearance from that night.

"Moonbyul, let him."

"But-"

"This is not a request, it's an order."

After Moonbyul backed away from him, Jaeyun slowly walked past her and just sat on the chair placed infront of my working desk. Definitely, he's not willing to address my supremacy above him.

"Mr. Taehyung, I'd very much appreciate it if you could return my niece back. Mr. Cheong is worried about his grand daughter as well"
Jaeyun talked straight up without wasting any time, not hiding the fact about what he actually came for.

"And what if I were to say, she doesn't want to return?"

"That'd be a lie. Who wouldn't long to return to their family when they're forced to stay with strangers, am I wrong?"
Jaeyun was quick witted and crafty, generally speaking, his words did make sense. In a matter of few words, he eventually made it look like I wanted to tear their familial relationship apart.

"I mean no harm to Zaelia. She simply wanted a time of her own and have asked me for this favour."

"Strange, she has never mentioned about her acquaintance with you."

"Is it really necessary for you to keep track of whoever she acquaints herself with? I hope you're not restricting her freedom to do that, considering the fact that you're simply her uncle, by law"

Under clenched jaw, Jaeyun tried to suck his anger in.
"I apologised, to have wasted your time like this and for this behaviour, Mr. Taehyung. But Mr. Cheong wishes for his grand daughter to return home soon. I hope you do let her know that we worry for her safety"

"She's safe and sound, under my care. I'll let her know about your concerns. And I apologised as well, but I need you to leave immediately, I have a meeting to attend right now"

"I see, so that's how it's going to be."
We didn't bat an eye while faced with each other, it seems true that Jaeyun post a threat to Zaelia but it's also definite that I won't be easy-going as well.

"Goodbye for now, Mr. Taehyung"

"Safe returns, Mr. Jaeyun"

"Are you going to return her back?"
Moonbyul approached me after the men exited from the room.

"I guess we'll have to announce it sooner than later."
I spoke, my gaze never leaving the door where Jaeyun exited.

"But I'm not sure if Zaelia would agree with this sudden rush."
I tilted my head in annoyance, as my hand snaked around, rubbing the nape of my neck. I sighed heavily as though this matter couldn't get any more worse than this.

A/N : Unedited