5

"bitterment and encounterment"

"Do you hate it so much that I found out about it?"

I asked him without hesitation, my hands still grabbing onto his arm. His body flinched, taken aback by my forceful behaviour. He looked away the moment our eyes met, making me even more anxious.

"What makes you think that Zaelia?"
This time, he glared down on me, his voice sounded monotoned and without a care.

The other side of him was slowly unraveling, I realised that I let my guard down around him carelessly, ever since the beginning.

"Whether I have anosmia or not, it's not for you to worry about."
Then he yanked his arm away from my grip and began to walk towards his car.

"Unbelievable"
I muttered under my breath.

All I did for the past week, was worry about his well being, I genuinely was.

I thought maybe something might have gone wrong or something might have happened to him.

But here he was, finally showing his true nature and giving me a cold shoulder.

"So this is who you truly are?"
I asked. He halted, his hand hovered over his car knob, waiting to hear me out for some time.

"You're despicable. I detest such people like yourself, trying to be all goody shoes with your outer behaviour when you actually are the devil himself. You're no match compared to Mr. Seokjin, I'm really glad Ms. Kaylee's with the man she deserves."
I blurted out some nonsense which I didn't even mean. He turned back and stared at me in resentment. He felt embittered by my words, and I knew better than anyone that I hurt him, intentionally.

"I'm sorry you had to waste all your time, just worrying for a despicable man like me and I promise you, I'll never see Mrs. Kaylee, ever again. I apologise for the inconvenience"
As he got in his car and drove off, in that very moment I've realised what I've done.

My stubborn mistake led to stray away the only man who didn't even mean any harm to me at all.

Later that night, I stayed back in the shop, waiting for the pair to arrive home.

I pulled out my cellphone and checked the time, it was already late.

I sighed, wondering when they would return. The incident which occurred this afternoon, it kept on replaying back in my mind. I was nowhere near free or relieved, instead I stayed regretful.

Taehyung was such a kind man.
How did it even come to this, I can't even relate.

"Argh! Why did he have to show me that resentful expression in the first place!?"
I exclaimed in a horrified tone, as I grabbed a mop of my hair, feeling unsettled and unhappy about it.

Then the door bell suddenly clinked, I got up quick and ran to the front door.
"Ms Kaylee? Mr. Seokjin? Are you back?"

And before I could make sure it was them returning home, my feet stopped me from walking any further.

My body frozed at the sight of a familiar acquaintance, he stood tall and sturdy. As the man forced his way inside the shop, to present himself in visible light. He smiled at me, as I took notice of him.

"Zaelia"
He called out to me.

I took a step back, feeling lost and out of words.

"I missed you"
He blurted out of the blue, but the truth told, I didn't miss him, I didn't at all miss him.

"Won't you come back to us?"

"No!"
I rejected in an instant.

"Now, now, you don't want to be so cold to your uncle, do you?"
His warm smile disappeared, suddenly giving me a frightful chills down my spine, the only expression he now had, was that of a cold and sinister one.

"Let's have a wonderful talk, shall we, Zaelia?"

A/N: Unedited

Extra:
Thank you to the readers who gave my book a chance to read.
I may not be a professional writer and my stories are really short and out of words but I really hope to get better in near future.

Also thank you for these beautiful covers :')