3

"his impairment"

              "This is Freesia, it has a pleasant smell, a little like an alter wine

              "This is Freesia, it has a pleasant smell, a little like an alter wine. And this is-"

I continued talking into details to Mr. Taehyung about the varieties of flowers and their fragrances, and after every explanation he goes close by, to sniff them.
But still then, he seemed quite upset about something.

"Is there any other flower you'd like to know more about?"
I asked him, with a contemplating mind.

Then I noticed him staring into the open space, where some few plants and flowers were piled up in the other corner.

He walked towards it and approached one in particular. I moved a little to the sideways to get a view and instantly my eyes widened.

"Mr Taehyung! That's Lysichiton! Please don't sniff-"

And before I could warn him, he took a breathe of it's smell.

Great. I'm fired.

Of all the things, why does it have to be Lysichiton? I thought I threw that plant days ago.

I expected him to raged out by now. But instead, he was shockingly calm and expressionless.

"Are you okay?"
I asked him, dumbfounded by the fact that he didn't have any reaction to that rotten smell.

"What do you mean?"
His brows knitted in confusion as he noticed my densed expression.

"This flower gives off a skunky smell, it's unbearable to us, I don't understand how you could stand it."
Suspicion invaded my mind.

He frowns at the smell of those sweet flowers but is comfortable with this unbearable fragrance?
I felt disturbed by this fact.

As curiosity barged into my head, I continued to observe him upclose. His frown never left his face, and a slight look of sadness reflected in his eyes. I couldn't understand what he was exactly feeling, or even thinking.

What is wrong with him?
I couldn't help but feel a sudden urge to help him enlighten, but I didn't know how to.

"Well, if you'd like, I could introduce you to more flowers-"

"I have anosmia"
He interrupted.

"What?"

I never thought about it, if only I were more considerate and careful. Finding out about his smelling impairment this way was never my intention.
But I knew, he didn't take this positively.

After all, men would do everything to conceal their weakness.

But with my current situation, I found out his inability to smell.

When I was lost in my own thoughts, he suddenly let out a scornful laugh with a bitter expression. But after it, his face eventually turned dark and futile, I've never seen him show such expressions. I felt terror, such awful anxiety threatening my emotions.

"Do I have to repeat myself?"
Some minutes ago, he had such warm, soothing voice but now his tone turned cold and unwelcomed for.

"I-uh-"
And before my excuses were made, he spoke again but his voice was louder this time.

"I can't smell!"
I stumbled back by his sudden uproar. This was a first to see him lose his composure.

Frustration was obvious all over his face, but the anger was even more visible. His eyes burnt in bitter sympathy about something, I presumed it was probably for the cause of his impairment.

Unable to stay any longer, he quickly strided out of the shop, without even taking a quick glance behind his back.

I felt awful about this incident.

A/N: Unedited.

Beautiful covers created by:

_Beingme_

JulenshuAugust

JulenshuAugust

Covers are beautiful! Thank you ♡

-Jun