Prologue

Authors Note:

This story is not based on true events, at least not in my life. With that said, if you have been raped or harassed in any way, tell someone, not only to help yourself but to stop them from doing to someone else. (male and female SURVIVORS you are not alone, stay strong!)

For the songs I recommend they are the song's I was listening to while writing, they don't have anything to do with the story. (Unless I say otherwise.)

"My clothes do not determine my consent" ~unknown

listen to "Without" by Years & Years

   I am a rape victim.

Being a rape victim isn't easy, but I survived, and I had to be strong for my daughters. I'm 16 years old, I was 15 when my lifelong crush, Ace, raped me. This is how it happened; Somehow, he found out I liked him and asked me on a date, of course, I said yes. Why would I say no?

He was older by two years, but I didn't care, I liked him, and I was stupid to believe he would like me back. He took me to dinner and a movie. We watched some dumb war movie he picked out, I agreed because I just wanted to be with him. after years of crushing on him, he finally showed interest in me.

After the movie was over, he was driving me home, that's when he saw some of his friends, walking down the street. He got out and started talking to them, they invited him to a party, and instead of driving me home, brought me. When we arrived, he got us a drink. Mine wasn't beer like his, it was coke, but it tasted odd, I didn't drink anymore after I tried it.

That night Ace got really drunk, or so I thought he did. I brought him to a room upstairs so he could lay down and sober up. When we got to the room, he locked the door behind us, I questioned him, but he didn't say anything, he slowly walked towards me with a smug smile, I suddenly felt drowsy and the room started to spin. He pushed me on the bed, I fought against him, but he put his hand over my mouth, I couldn't scream or yell for help, I kicked and punched but he was too strong and overpowered me.

The next morning, I woke up, on the bed, naked. The bed between my legs was all bloody and I was in pain. By the extreme amount of pain and throbbing, I knew what had happened. My head hurt, that's when I remembered the drink, I figured he had drugged me. I took the sheets and got dressed in my clothes I found beside the bed. I ran downstairs ignoring the laughs and calls from Ace and his friends. I walked for what seemed like hours back to my house. When I got home, I went to my room and hid the sheets under my bed while I had a shower. After my shower, I put my old clothes under the bed and got ready for dinner, I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning, I got ready for school like nothing had happened. I met my friends for lunch, they both talked about their boyfriends and how Leah's had just broken up with her for another girl, I stayed quiet. They asked what was wrong, I smiled and simply said I wasn't hungry.

Weeks went by and I craved food that once hated, I threw up at the smell and sight of greasy food. I gained weight like I was eating triple what I was. That's when I decided to take a pregnancy test.

It came back positive.

I thought that the other students noticed my weight gain and they spread the rumour that I was pregnant, they weren't wrong, they were wrong about who the father was. They said I went to that party and hooked up with one of the college kids that crashed. I later found out that it was Ace that spread the rumour, he texted me a few days after the rumours spread and threatened me not to tell anyone or he would tell people who the father is. He thought I told my friends, so he spread it anyway. I was never going to tell anyone; my parents don't believe I had sex with some college student, but they don't know I was raped. I won't tell them, I can't. And so, for now, they are left in the dark.

After the school year was over, I was eight and a half months pregnant with twin daughters. I went to school every day and dealt with being called "the town slut", "whore" and more. I lost my best friends and everyone I was close to. I finished my junior year off with no friends and high marks. At the beginning of summer, my parents sold our house in Australia and moved to a bigger house in a smaller town called Jefferson in Texas. I spent the summer hiding in my house with my beautiful twin daughters, Aria and Amberly. There was only one week until school started, and I had a fresh start. To keep rumours from spreading I decided to keep the twins a secret, if anyone seen them, we said they were my sisters.

___