Chapter 28 ~Percy

This chapter is very short! Also, only two chapters left after this one!

"you are my heaven on Earth" ~ Unknown

Listen to: "Stay" by Kyan Palmer (Rihanna cover)

After I told Em about being able to graduate on time, I texted Zach to meet me at the cafe, I wanted to know what was up with Emery.

Zach arrived at the café and I asked what was going on. He started yelling at me saying that it was obvious and that I am stupid for not realizing it sooner. When I asked what I was meant to realize he pulled my head to his and kissed me. I was shocked but once I realized what was happening, I pulled away. That is when I heard a gasp. I turned to see Emery, I tried to explain myself, but she wasn't mad.

After a few seconds of trying to figure out what she meant by him liking me, I put the pieces together, I felt horrible for the way I reacted.

I ran after him to the front of the café.

"Hey Zach," I called,

"Stop I get it, you aren't gay,"

"You're right, I'm not but I don't care if you are,"

"I know that," he turned to look at me.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because if I did, I would have had to explain that I've had a crush on you for two years,"

"I'm sorry," I didn't know what to say.

"It's fine," he huffed before walking away.

I walked back to Emery who was waiting at the cafe,

"Hey, I am sorry for how I acted when you mentioned long distance," I apologized.

"It's ok," she smiled, "I get it, you don't want to try,"

"It's not that I don't want to try. It's that all long-distance relationships end," I try to explain.

"They end because people don't try, if we were meant to stay in a relationship then nothing should end it," she cried, "if you don't want to at least try then let's end this now before it goes too far, before I can love you anymore,"

Before I could stop her, she walked away. I was left standing in the middle of the sidewalk completely stunned because I had just lost the only person who has ever mattered in my life because I don't know how to fight for her.

___