Chapter 11~ Percy

"Your past does not define you in prepares you" ~Unknown 

Listen to: "Liquid Courage" by Cierra Ramirez

At the fair I saw a new side of Emery, I knew she had a lot of built-up anger but not that much, when she punched Ashley it shocked me, but in Emery's defence, Ashley was being a bitch, like always.

I know something isn't adding up with Emery. I told Marianna to go take the twins to the ice cream truck so that I could talk to Emery, my plans were to tell her that I liked her but that didn't work out. I ended up telling her my life story, which isn't a happy one. I asked Marianna to leave not because she didn't know my life story but because my younger sister, Lucy, was her best friend, Lucy was only younger by a year. Marianna and Lucy hang out all the time, that is how I became friends with Marianna. When Lucy died Marianna and I became closer than before if that was even possible, Marianna didn't like to talk about Lucy. she could barely hear her name.

When I told Emery the story about Lucy, I saw her tear up. I told her I didn't tell her my story to make her feel bad but so she could trust me, it was hard to talk about it, other than Nadia and Marianna no one else knew about Lucy, I would never tell Zach, Logan, Elle, or Scarlette, they are my friends but don't understand what its like to lose someone.

It was now Monday, walking with Emery was silent, not awkward, more peaceful than anything.

As the week went on, we rarely talked or even hung out, we walked to and from school every day, Christmas break was less than a week away, I wanted to invite Emery to an after-school Christmas party that everyone goes to, I even told Marianna not to mention it.

___