Chapter 14

"There are worse things than feeling alone

"There are worse things than feeling alone. Things like being with someone and still feeling alone." ~ M.W Poetry.

Listen to: "Ribcage" by Pleasted

"Hey Percy," she started, "can we talk?"

"Sure, want to go to my room?" Percy agreed

"Ya,"

As they walked away, I felt my heart sink, I realized now, that my feelings for him stronger than I thought, now that he was most likely getting back with Nadia, I needed to distance myself from him, for a start, I am leaving the party.

I tried finding Marianna but gave up when I couldn't, I settled for finding Elle, she was in the kitchen with Scarlette,

"Hey guys, I can't find Marianna, if you see her can you tell her I left?"

"The party just started, stay a while longer," Elle pleaded

"I can't, I have to go, my mom works early in the morning,"

"What does that have to do with you leaving?" Scarlette asked I forgot she didn't know about the twins being mine.

"Elle if you trust her, you can tell her, I have to go," I hoped I wouldn't regret this, "bye, see you guys soon,"

"Ok, bye Emery," they said in unison.

As I walked to the door, I realized I had no idea how to get home, I just hoped when I start walking that I would recognize something and find my way, I was walking for about 30 minutes before I recognized the cafe, from there I knew how to get home, it would take about 30 more minutes to get home.

"Hey emery," I heard a familiar voice yell from behind me

"What?" I turned to see Percy running up to me, I could see his muscular arms from his white shirt,

"Why did you leave, the party just started," he asked, "if you wanted to leave so badly, I could've given you a ride home,"

"I just had to get out of there, and I didn't want to rush you" I tried not to sound jealous, "you were busy," the trying-not-to-sound-jealous thing didn't work.

"Are you jealous?" he smirked

"No just tired, and not a fan of parties,"

"Whatever you say, Em," he chuckled again, "let me walk with you at least,"

"It's ok, I'll be fine," I protested

"Do you still not trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you," I looked away, "it's that I don't trust myself,"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I just can't," I turned to start walking away but I didn't get very far when I felt his hand snaked around my waist and pulled me into his chest, unlike the last times, I didn't freak out and I didn't almost get hit by a car. Our faces were so close I could feel his minty breath sweep across my face, when I went to pull away, he grip tightened.

"What are you doing?" I asked breathlessly.

"I don't know, I-" he started but I don't know what he was going to say because before I knew it his lips were on mine.

___

TEASER: next chapter is Percy's perspective, you will read what his thoughts about the kiss, and what his conversation with Nadia was (there is talking parts in it.)

)