Chapter 6

"People hide the truth because they are afraid" ~ Nicolas Sparks

Listen to "So Close" by NOTD, Felix Jaehn, Captian Cuts, Georgia Ku.

I ran out of the cafe and since I am new to the town, I had no idea where I was. I could feel the panic attack coming on, I needed to get somewhere private. I could feel my heart to start beating faster, my cheat started weighing me down, I was having trouble breathing. I finally found a small grocery store a few buildings down from the cafe, I ran in and asked for if I could use their bathroom,

"Customers only," the girl behind the register insisted.

"She's with me, I am buying this." Percy walked in putting a pack of gum and a five-dollar bill on the belt.

"It's back there" the lady pointed to the back corner of the store, as I walked to the back of the store. I heard Percy following me.

"You don't need to follow me, I'm fine," I lie, I don't want him to know what is happening.

"I know what you are doing," he insisted, "I know what a panic attack looks like, I've had my fair share, I know how to help if you will let me?"

I wanted to let him help but I couldn't, if I let him get too close, I would have to explain so much more than I wanted.

"No, I'm fine, I can handle it," I protested walking into the bathroom locking the door behind me.

AFTER THE PANIC ATTACK, I left the bathroom and walked back out of the store, I was lost and had no idea how to get home, I looked around and that is when I saw Percy leaning against his car, I ignored him and walked the other way.

"You are going the wrong way," I heard him shout.

"you don't know where I am going"

"Home?" he questioned, "that's the other way,"

"I'm not going home," I lied, again.

"Then where are you going? Let me drive you at least," he protested.

"No, I am perfectly fine walking,"

"Stop being stubborn," he yelled.

As I went to start walking, I felt his hand wrap around my waist pulling me to his chest, I saw a car speed past me while honking the horn.

"Thank you," I said pushing myself away from his grasp.

"Can I please just give you a ride home, we don't need to talk," he pleaded.

"Fine, but no talking please," I cave as he nods, we walk towards his car and he opens the door for me, I offer a polite smile and he shuts the door behind me.

The drive to my house is quiet, no talking like promised, we pull to my house and my mom is on the grass with the twins.

"are those your sisters?" Percy asks.