Chapter 5

"behind my fake smile is everything you'll never understand" ~Dylan (no last name given)

Listen to: "How To Save A Life" by The Fray

It was now Monday, the second week of school and I already wanted it to end. At least now I don't need Percy's to show me around, I will still get lost, but I can get help from other students, I will, however, need Percy's help to open the stupid locker. After I got ready and brought the twins to my mom I left for school, I opened my front door to see Percy about to knock.

"Hi," he exclaimed

"Can I help you?" I wondered

"Good morning to you too," he laughed, "I said I was meeting to start walking to school together,"

"You were serious?" I ask,

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't,"

"Ok, well let's get walking then,"

Most of the walk was silent, there was a little bit of awkward small talk about the weather. When we finally got to school, everyone, yet again, was staring at us, I hated this.

"You need to tell people we are not dating, I hate being stared at,"

"It's fine, people will forget about it in a couple of days,"

"That's still a couple of days of being looked at,"

"What do you want me to do? Yell to everyone that we are not dating?"

"No, I mean get a girlfriend, so people stare at her not me," I joked.

"I don't want a girlfriend, why don't you get a boyfriend,"

"I already told I don't want friends, getting a boyfriend is definitely out," that and I am socially awkward,

"Well, then looks like you are stuck now," he joked walking to our lockers stopping at mine and opening it for me,

"Thank you,"

"No problem, but you will need to learn how to open that yourself, I won't be here forever," Percy joked.

"Ahh what do you mean, even when you graduate you will still come every day to open it for me,"

"Ya, ok, because I don't have a life,"

THE REST OF THE DAY, LIKE THE REST, was the same, at the end of the last period I went to my locker and could not open it, again. Someone came up behind me and took the paper with combo to my locker out of my hands, I assumed it was Percy,

"Thank you, Perc-," I cut my self off when saw a tall black-haired person, he opened my locker and moved to lean against Percy's locker.

"Thank you,"

"No problem, anything for Percy's new girlfriend," he stated. "So, when did you move here, I have never seen you before,"

"Firstly, I'm not Percy's girlfriend and I moved here at the beginning of summer" I blurted?