Chapter 13

"Did you forget when I tried to

Settle you down and talk it through?
You said your worst and I hurt you
And I hurt 'til you turned around
When I said "stay" without a sound
When I said "wait, just hear me out"
And you said nothing" ~ "Feelings" by Lennon Stella

Listen to: "La Di Da" by Lennon Stella

The week went on like normal, I hung out with Marianna, Percy, and my new-found friendship with Elle became stronger, I didn't hang out with Zach, Scarlette, and Logan because they, like Percy, didn't know about the twins.

I started to realize my feelings for Percy were more than just friends, I ignored them because if I wanted a relationship as more than friends, I needed to come clean about the twins, I knew I couldn't do that, just yet.

It was now Friday, the day of the Christmas party, and my none date with Percy, I was in my room getting ready when I got a text from Marianna.

Mars: Percy asked you to come to the party, right?

Me: yes, I am getting ready now, are you coming?

Mars: duh, I got a date, you actually know him. It's Logan,

Me: YOU ARE GOING ON A DATE WITH LOGAN. . . PLAYER LOGAN. . . THE LOGAN YOU TOLD ME TO BE CAREFUL WITH!

Mars: yes, that Logan, we dated in freshman year, but we never made it official because I was to shy to be in a relationship. I did really like him though.

Me: I'm happy for you, just take your own advice and be careful. Meet you at the party?

Mars: for sure, text me when you are on your way.

I had a quick shower to wash all the grease and grime off when I got out, I blow-dried and curled my hair. Then I got dressed in an oversized t-shirt dress, thigh-high black boots, and an oversized denim jacket resting on my shoulders.

 Then I got dressed in an oversized t-shirt dress, thigh-high black boots, and an oversized denim jacket resting on my shoulders

When I finished getting dressed, I did my makeup, less than normal but more than the day at the fair. I walked downstairs just in time to hear the doorbell ring when I opened it, I saw Percy wearing something other than his signature leather jacket and black jeans, he was wearing ripped blue jeans and a white v- neck t-shirt.

"Woah, I uh you," he stuttered, "I mean you look great," he quickly recovered.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad your self," I smiled.

"Well, thank you," he gave me a smug smile, "you ready?"

"Yes, I just need to grab my phone," I told him as I went back inside and grabbed my phone from the charger, "all set,"

"Let's go then," he took my hand and walked me to the passenger side of the car, he opened it and closed it as I got in.

"Thank you,"

When he came around and got in the car, we put the keys in the ignition and the radio started blaring Selena Gomez's "Good for You",

"A Selena Gomez fan" I teased, "I wouldn't have pegged you for the pop music type,"

"Shut up, I don't listen to pop music, it just came on," he tried to cover it up.

"Sure, it did,"

"It did, I swear," he insisted, "what kind of music did you think I listened to?"

"I don't know like rock music or screamo, although, I do like Selena Gomez," I laughed, "turn her back up,"

"Whatever you say, Em" I liked when he shortened my name.

"Em?" I asked

"Sorry, Emery," I don't why he apologized

"It's fine, I like it," I finally told the truth for once, "it's weird but I like it,"

"Ok, Em it is,"

The rest of the drive was silent minus the singing along to Selena Gomez songs. When we pulled up to his driveway, I was surprised to see a smaller house than expected, it was still nice, but with the nice car, he drives I was expecting a huge mansion.

"Are you ready?" my thoughts were being interrupted

"Uh, yeah," he got out of the car and by the time I went to open my door he was already opening it for me,

"I thought you said this wasn't a date?" I asked

"It's not,"

"Then why do you keep opening my door for me, isn't that what guys do on dates?"

"Because chivalry is not dead," He joked before he grabbed my hand again and took me into his house,

"Does your mom know you are having a party here?" I asked as he opened the door

"Yup," he said popping the p at the end, "she is bought the alcohol,"

"Why do I get the feeling you are not joking,"

"Because I'm not,"

After about 20 minutes of sitting awkwardly in Percy's living room the doorbell rang and that's when people started to arrive, the first two to show up was Elle and Scarlette, then Zach, and then Logan and Mariana, then a few other people I recognized from school started showing up, that is when Nadia walked in.

"Hey Percy," she started, "can we talk?"

___

TEASER: next chapter is really short but there is a kiss. . . you probably know who.

 you probably know who