Chapter 29

"Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same" ~Wurthing Heights by Emily Bronte (also from After by Anna Todd)

Listen to: "Temporary Love" by Ben Platt

After I ended my relationship with Percy, I felt empty, I felt like something was missing and I knew exactly what it was.

Percy. Percy was missing. The way he always makes me feel safe, the way he makes me smile after I lose all hope. Everything about the way he made me feel is missing.

I had gone to school for the last week and a half feeling completely alone, I hadn't even prepared my speech for the assembly that is tomorrow yet. I had texted Marianna to come over and help me, but she was busy, I would have texted Percy, but we were still not talking, he hasn't even tried to talk to me about it. I don't think he will.

I sat at the desk in my room as the twins slept on my bed, I took out a pen and my journal and started to write. All that came out was cheesy movie speeches. After about two hours of just scribbling nonsense on the paper, I decided to get ready for bed.

I had a shower and got dressed, I didn't want to wake the girls up, I just let them sleep in my bed with me, within seconds Amberly was cuddled up to my chest and Aria was cuddled up to Amberly.

I woke up to my annoying alarm the next morning. I got out of bed trying not to wake the girls. I curled my hair and did a light layer of makeup. Since the weather was hot, I decided to get dressed in a white and black striped tank top with loose black shorts and all-white Adidas.

 Since the weather was hot, I decided to get dressed in a white and black striped tank top with loose black shorts and all-white Adidas

I woke the twins up and brought them down for breakfast.

"Good morning Hun,"

"Good morning mom,"

"Are you nervous for your speech?"

"Yes, I haven't written it yet,"

"Emery! You've had three weeks," she exclaimed.

"I know, I am going to write something at lunch," I explained.

"Emery, you don't need to do this, you don't need to explain your situation to anyone," my mom sympathized.