Chapter 21

"if you really want to love, you must first forgive," ~ Mother Theresa

Listen to: "Strangers On An Island" Acutsitc Version by Brother Leo

School started back up and Percy hasn't talked to me, he hasn't walked with me or been to his locker. I wish I told him sooner, but if I did would he still want to be with me, or would he ignore me?

I hadn't opened my locker since the last time Percy opened it for me before Christmas break, I've been putting my stuff in Marianna's locker, I do have a plan to get him to talk to me.

After school, I walked to the local library, I sat there for three hours before he walked in,

"Percy, let me explain," I begged, "I let you explain what happened with Chloe,"

"That was different. I didn't lie about having kids,"

"I know, but please,"

"You have 15 minutes," he used my words against me.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to leave, like my friends in Australia did when they found out I was pregnant they left me, they helped spread the rumour, I just didn't want you to leave me,"

"Haven't I showed you several times that I won't leave you, I love you and I don't know what more I can do to show you that,"

"I know I am sorry, I was going to tell you Christmas day after dinner, I was going to give you your gift," I cried, "and then tell you,"

"Emery," he paused, "I love you, I will always love you, I just needed to hear the truth,"

"Can you forgive me for not telling you sooner?" I asked

"Of course, I can," he pulled me into a tight hug, in his arms I felt safe like nothing could hurt me anymore. I never wanted to let go.

"Did you like your gift?" he let go after what felt like hours,

"I didn't open it,"

"Why not?"

"It just didn't feel right,"

"Well open it," he insisted

"I don't have it on me,"

"Let's go get it, I want to see you open it," he took my hand and led me to his car, he opened the door for me.

After he started the car, he reached one hand over to grab mine,

"Is that safe?" I asked

"I don't know but I want to hold my beautiful girlfriend's hand," he picked our hands up and kissed mine,

"Ha, funny," I laughed

"What?" he asked, "you don't think you are beautiful,"

I looked away from him and out the window,