Chapter 4

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow" ~ Albert Einstein

Listen to: "Excuses" by Olly Murs

At the end of class, I walked to my locker to see Percy standing against mine, when I walked over, he didn't move.

"Excuse me,"

"What? Did you want to get into your locker?" he asked opening it for me.

"Yes, and thank you," I continued to get my stuff from my locker and when I turned to leave, he grabbed my arm.

"Let go please," I jumped, not looking him in the eye, I knew he heard because he dropped my arm.

"Sorry, just can I ask you something?" he didn't even look at me,

"You just did," I walked as fast as I could without running out the door and started walking home, it wasn't long before I saw Percy's car pull up beside me, I could feel my eyes start to tear up, I just kept walking.

"Emery, wait up," I heard him call from behind me, I didn't stop I just kept walking. He probably thinks I am a freak and I don't feel like trying to come up for an excuse as to why I am crying, I can hear him walking behind me, but I just kept ignoring him and walking, I was almost home before he caught up to me,

"Are you ok?" he asked when he finally caught up, "what happened?"

"Nothing, I have to get home," I wiped a tear from my eye.

"Are you sure you're ok? You kind of freaked when I grabbed your arm,"

I just wanted to go home, I didn't want to continue this conversation anymore, what do I say to him to get him to leave me alone.

"If there is nothing else you want from me can I go, please?" I asked

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to a party tonight? It will be fun, but with the way you reacted to me touching your arm earlier, I think I have my answer," he explained.

With that said, I nodded and walked away, I didn't look back, but I could tell he was staring at me as I walked away, when I got home, I went straight to the living room to see Aria and Amberly, my mom was holding Aria, while my dad was holding Amberly.

"We need to talk," my mother said as she patted the couch for me to sit beside her, I forgot she wanted to talk, I was nervous.

"Ok, so we heard the rumours back in Australia, that you hooked up with a college student, that's who the father is, but we know that is not the truth. We also know that you didn't sleep with some guy you met online. Honey, you can trust us, what happened?" my mother sympathized.

"I'm sorry, I can't talk about this, I just can't," I cried, wiping a tear from my cheek, "stop asking, when I am ready if I am ever ready, I will tell you,"

"Just tell us if you are ok," my dad asked, I nodded and took Amberly from my dad.

"We are here for you, and you cannot keep this to yourself forever when you are ready to talk, we are here. Yes, we are not happy you got pregnant at 15 but, we love you and these girls, and nothing can change that," my mother wrapped me up in her arms.

AFTER THE CONVERSATION WITH MY PARENTS, I went to my room with the girls and watch some television while I did my homework, the girls fell asleep after three episodes of bubble guppies, I changed the channel to watch old reruns of "Friends". After watching almost four episodes, the door knocked, I figured my parents went to bed, I went to answer it. When I got down the stairs, I saw the outline of a tall man through the window. When I opened the door, I saw Percy.

"Hey, are you ready?" he questioned.

" Ready for what," I answered looking down and plaid pyjamas shorts and fluffy sweater,

"The party," he chuckled, "come on, one party won't kill you," if only he knew.

"Does it look like I am ready for a party?" I exclaim,

"Well, where is your room?"

"What?" I was confused now.

"Where is it?" he said, coming into my house, "I will help you pick out clothes,"

"Uh, no it's ok, I can't go," I said remembering the twins are in my room.

"Oh, come on, let's go. It will be fun, and if you don't tell me where your room is ill find it myself,"

"You can't, I am babysitting my sisters, they are sleeping in my room," I explained.

"Why are you babysitting?"

"My parents work early in the morning, I am watching them so they can sleep,"

"Do you want help? I love kids," he just isn't getting the hint.

"No, its ok, thanks though,"

"I have a feeling that you don't like me,"

"It's not that I don't like you, its that I don't want friends,"

"Why is that?" Percy questioned, "And who said I wanted to be your friend?"

"I just don't want friends, and I don't know, I figured you showing up at my house, asking me to go to a party with you and walking to school with me, that you wanted something from me," I explain, "also how did you know where I live?"

"I seen you walk into this house when you walked away from me,"

"That not creepy at all," I smile.

"You're pretty when you smile," he looked away, "I mean, uh, you are pretty all the time, but I like when you smile,"

"Ok then," I just want this conversation to end, it's awkward now, "Is that all? or . . . "

"Well, if you can't come to the party, and you don't want to help to babysit, I guess I will leave,"

"Ok, bye,"

"Bye," he shyly waved and walked out of the house.

After he left, I went back to my room and went to sleep. 

___

TEASER: Emery meets Percy's friends, Elle tells Emery that she is going to Australia to Emery's old town, what if Emery's rumours come out?