Chapter 7

"Horror movies are good and all, but are just so unrealistic." Aubrey sighs before placing another piece of popcorn into her mouth, shaking her head critically as the girl onscreen walks into the basement. The intense music coming from the TV slowly builds and plays throughout the room, each of the girls hardly affected by it. "I mean, there can't be that many dumb people out there."

"I've met that many dumb people before." Jessica chuckles beside Chloe, the redhead sending her a smile after. Lights dance across each of their faces, giving them the little illumination that they needed in the room.

"Sure, me too. But I want to see one of these movies with smart characters for once. That would be a lot more interesting than just watching everyone get hacked up right off the bat." The blonde debates making Chloe roll her eyes with a grin.

"Bree, have you ever noticed that you're always more concerned about the realism, than the actually plot?" Chloe questions from the couch, turning her head to look back at her best friend. The girl sits on the other sofa, now smiling back.

"A movie isn't very good if it's not realistic." Aubrey retorts teasingly, leaning over the small space between the couches to hand the bowl to Chloe. "Here, take this. I need to stop eating."

Chloe grabs it and sets it in her lap, taking a few bites as she looks back to the screen. "Is that why you never wanna watch fantasy or sci-fi?"

"No. I don't want to watch those because they're boring." Aubrey shrugs as she wipes off her hands with a napkin.

"No they're not. I mean, have you seen Star Wars?" Chloe questions, making the taller girl look at her with scrunched eyebrows.

"You like Star Wars?"

"Of course." Chloe states as if it's something the blonde should have already known. "Wars in space, that's just cool. And have you seen Han and Leia? Talk about bi-heaven." Chloe smirks boldly, making Aubrey roll her eyes as Jessica laughs.

"She's right." Jessica agrees, taking some popcorn for herself.

Chloe smiles as they each turn their attention back to the film, enjoying her Friday night with them. Since Chloe wasn't going out to her usual date with Tom that night, Aubrey thought it would be fun to gather some of the girls to watch a few movies. Jessica was the only one available, but Chloe was overjoyed about it nonetheless.

The week had been slow, but she had friends by her side looking out for her. She knew the breakup wasn't going to affect her for much longer, and she was finally at peace with it. She now had extra time for more important things in her life. She was working hard on new routines for the squad, focusing more on her homework, and even doing some after school tutoring for the middle school. She was starting to feel motivated again and it felt good. She wasn't going to let some boy take her down like an unfair cliché.

The only thing she hadn't returned back to yet, was Beca. Sure they had seen each other around, but hadn't really enjoyed each other since the night Chloe found out about Tom's secrets. They don't really talk during their art class, but they do share some quiet moments together. Just glancing at each other as they work, almost as if it were a silent check up with one another. She likes to think that's an improvement over anything. Chloe knows the girl is giving her space though, and she couldn't be more grateful about it. Finding out her boyfriend cheated on her with multiple women, wasn't really putting her into the mood lately.