Chapter 9

So maybe Chloe's idea of avoiding Beca was starting to backlash on her. If she was being honest with herself, she already knew it would from the start. She just can't find it in herself to face the girl yet. She's still feeling far too skittish about her personal revelation towards the girl, and seeing her would only heighten the pressure. Nothing could have made their little 'sexcapade' (as Beca liked to call it nowadays) worse. Chloe knows it needs to come to an end soon, she can't see any other way to move on with Beca still in the picture.

It's not like she wants it to end, she just knows she won't be able to control her own feelings, while the girl would always feel nothing.

Chloe feels angry with herself, hating that she had to just go and develop feelings for Beca Mitchell. Romantic feelings for Beca Mitchell. It was like calling the white house and expecting to speak with the president himself, there was no way it was gonna actually happen. Beca would always be herself. She wouldn't magically become someone who would work for a relationship overnight.

She wouldn't want to ever hold Chloe's hand, want to introduce her to friends, or even just ask about her day.

Chloe hates that she even entertained the idea of those things, and if Beca were actually capable of them. She needs to end the pensive daydreaming she found herself coddling in lately too. It would only leave her more disappointed in the end when Beca couldn't reciprocate any of them into reality.

Chloe knows Beca is still wary about her recent behavior; not understanding the way the redhead was putting up a facade. Chloe kept quiet lately, and restricted as much eye contact between them that she could. She thought if Beca got one good look of her, then she would somehow know Chloe's new infatuation for her. Chloe can't even imagine what would happen if Beca actually did find out.

Now as Chloe sat on the cold bench, a crowd of people swarming around her, she knows the girl's eyes are on her.

She thought she was going to have a break tonight from the girl, a pause from ramming herself into her own insecurities because she was present. Beca was here though, sitting among the students and their families in the bleachers. Chloe can't understand why she can't escape Beca, yet here she was, unknowingly tormenting the redhead.

The football game is a depressing one so far, and Chloe feels emotionally and tangibly exhausted. They were three quarters in, and the score was more than humiliating for Barden. The crowd was hopeless and Chloe could tell her squad was starting to feel the same. Their cheers seemed to slowly dissipate into drained encouragements, most of the girls already sitting down like Chloe was.

Chloe could feel her head start to pound, not knowing if it was the angry fathers yelling or the stress she felt each time she looked back to see Beca sitting there. A few of the girl's friends were surrounding her, grasping her attention and trying to entertain it as her uninterested expression continued resting. Chloe struggled to not look back too many times, but she would and Beca's eyes would catch hers every now and then. The girl's eyes don't say much, but Chloe knows there are some questions still there.

Chloe glances over at Aubrey, who still stands cheering with Flo by her side. She knew the blonde was starting to slowly give up as well, yet also knew she would stay standing the entire game no matter what happened. That's just how Aubrey functioned, even without her father here to observe her.

Chloe stands up and treads over to the girls, pausing Aubrey's motions in her approach. "Hey, I have a headache. I'm gonna go grab some Aspirin or something."