~9~

Louis's P.O.V.

We arrived at the park at 3 o'clock. It was pretty crowded. Screaming kids ran around aimlessly.

Presley: I wanna go slide

Y/n: Me too!

I giggled at Y/n's childlike voice.

We made our way to the colourful slides. Presley got on my lap and we glided down. The toddler giggled and Y/n clapped her hands.

At first, I was nervous when Dylan left us alone. But now, I am so grateful. Y/n was a delight to be around. She just made my day better.

Louis: What do you want to do next?

Presley: Swing!

Y/n: Youpi!

Y/n grabbed Presley's small hand and dragged her to the swing set. We put Presley in one of the toddler swings, the little craddles, so she wouldn't fall out.

Y/n got behind her and pushed her gently. I stood next to her, carrying our bags.

Presley: Faster!

Y/n: Ok?

I heard the hesitation in her voice. She pushed harder and I felt nauseous. Presley was going a little bit too high.

At that moment, my phone started ringing. I walked away from the girls and answered it.

On the phone

Louis: Hello?

Malina: Hey, Louis. We finished our pedicures. We're gonna go get a bite. Wanna come?

Louis: Uhmm...I can't. I'm busy. I'm doing my summer reading essay. Some other time maybe?

Malina: Aww. Sure.
See ya tomorrow, nerd.

Off the phone

I felt bad for lying to my friends. But, to be honest, I preferred spending time with Y/n.
At that moment, I heard a scream. I spun around and saw that Presley had wiggled her way out.

Y/n: No! Presley, stop!

The three year old ignored her warning and stood up. The swing was still swaying. I felt like I was about to throw up.

Presley lost her balance and fell into mid air.