~29~

Y/n's P.O.V.

I ran home and cried into my pillow. Mom and dad were coming home at 8. I
had the entire house to myself. Tears streamed down my face as I thought about us. Did our relationship not matter to him? Did I not matter to him?

After a few minutes of uncontrollable cries, I wiped my tears and got up. I'll find someone else. I'm not going to cry over someone who doesn't like me. I'm not going to waste tears on some guy.

I decided to clean my room and try to forget about him. I scrubbed every inch of my room clean. When I had finished I flopped onto my bed and unlocked my phone.

I was planning on telling Amy about our breakup tomorrow. I didn't want to make it weird between Louis and her.
I thought about what he must be doing right now. Reading, watching a movie, anything but I knew for sure that he wasn't thinking about me.

Hours had passed and the sun was now setting. Mom and dad came home and made me dinner.

I barely ate my food and avoided eye contact.

Dad: What's wrong, honey?

Y/n: Nothing. I'm just not hungry. May I be excused?

Mom: Sure.

I trudged up to my room and closed the door. My eyes were tired and I was on the edge of tears. I just felt so alone. And I hated myself for crying over some boy. But Louis wasn't just some boy, he was much more. The way his curly hair bounced when he ran, the way he took his camera everywhere and loved taking pictures, how he laughed at my corny jokes...

Maybe if I sleep it off, I'll feel better in the morning. I curled up in my bed and shit my exhausted eyes.

The next morning, my alarm went off
at 9. I reached for my phone and watched other people's Instagram stories. I fell onto Amy's one.

I shut my phone off immediately

I shut my phone off immediately. A single tear streamed down my cheek. I missed his face. He looked sad in the picture. An uncontrollable urge came over me. I had to see him one last time. I just had to. We left on such bad terms. I have to give him a proper goodbye.

I threw on some clothes, put my shoes on, grabbed my bag and ran out the door. 9:10. His plane left at 10, gate closed at 9:40. I jumped on bus 5 to the airport.

I'm gonna have to hurry up.