I'm Not Sober Anymore

I woke up and looked around the dimly lit room.

The dusty blinds were barely cracked, letting just a little light into the small dirty bedroom.

I tried to remember where I was, and what had happened the night before.

I was alone in the bed, but I heard the shower running in the bathroom, and got up.

When my feet touched the cold floor, I shivered.

I looked down, and saw that I was wearing someone else's t-shirt, and my underwear, and nothing else.

I knocked on the bathroom door, "Hello?" I asked.

"Oh hey, you're awake." The voice didn't really sound familiar, but it did sound kind.

"Um, yeah, and I don't know where I am, or what happened last night." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Didn't think that you would. Hell, I barely remember myself. Give me a few minutes to get dressed, and I'll give you the rundown."

I walked down to the kitchen, and saw a coffee pot and a can of coffee.

I decided that mystery man and myself could probably benefit from some coffee, so I made some.

I heard the bathroom door open, as I started the coffee pot.

"Hey." I turned around and there he was face to face.

"Morning." I murmured.

I didn't recognize him. He was gorgeous, his brown eyes, and bright smile against light skin decorated with tattoos, his small build and height contradicting each other.

"How did you sleep?" he asks, pulling out a package of bagels from the refrigerator.

"Great, I guess. I mean, all things considering." I answered.

"That's good." He sat down at the table, glancing at the coffee pot.

I stood awkwardly by the kitchen sink.

"So you don't remember anything about last night?" he asked, fidgeting with his watch.

I shook my head sheepishly, "Nothing. I wish I could remember, but I got nothing." I shrugged.

He motions for me to sit across from him at the table.

I sit, and glance up at him briefly, before focusing on my hands folded in front of me on the tabletop.

"Uh, well. We met at the party. The um, album party for my band. You were drinking alone, and I thought I'd keep you company. So we started drinking together. The night pressed on, and the drinks kept coming. When we left the club, you were so wasted you couldn't stand up on your own, and I wasn't far behind. But you insisted on coming home with me, and one thing led to another. And here we are." He shrugs, not seeming very impressed with his re-telling.

I kept my eyes on the table, "Well, that does sound like something I would do." I shrugged.

He smiled, "You're very persuasive when you've been drinking."

The toaster popped up, and he stood.

"Bagel?" he offered.

The coffee pot beeped at the same time, "Sure. Thanks." I slowly stood and accepted the plate he handed me.

He reached into the cabinet and grabbed two coffee cups, handing one to me.

"Thanks. How do you take your coffee?" I asked.

"Black with a couple spoonfuls of sugar." He answered, grabbing a tub of cream cheese out of the fridge.

"Huh, that's how I take mine." I smiled a little at the coincidence.