Family Doesn't End In Blood, Sometimes It Ends With Blood.

I walked into the house, closing the door softly.
I wasn't even sure if Gabi was home, but I didn't want to take the chance of being lectured if she was.
I walked up the stairs as quietly as possible to my bedroom, and locked the door behind me.

Finally, breathing a sigh of relief, I stripped out of last night's clothes and took a shower.
I was drying my hair when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.
"Mick, you in there?" Gabi called.
"Just got out of the shower Gabs, hang on." I yelled.
I twisted my hair in the towel ontop of my head and unlocked the bedroom door.
"When did you get home?" She asked.
"About an hour ago, why?" I asked.
"Because when I fell asleep in my room, you weren't here, and when I woke up, I heard your shower running." She said.
"I came home and thought I needed a shower, is there a problem with that?" I asked.
She gave me a look, "Where have you been?" She asked calmly.
"With a friend, why does it matter?" I asked, shaking my hair out.

"Because you were drinking last night and you're not known for making the best decisions when you're drunk." She replied.

"Okay, so I was with a friend that I also had sex with last night." I shrugged.

"Honestly, I'm glad dad made you get on birth control. It worries me how many kids you'd have If he hadn't." She sat on my bed.

I rolled my eyes, "If I weren't on birth control, I'd make sure and use protection." I said.

"No you wouldn't, when you drink you don't think about things like that." She said.

"Gabi, I'm grown, I don't need you or dad hovering over me anymore." I said.

"So were just supposed to let you do whatever and end up pregnant by some low-life who's going to leave you to raise a kid by yourself when you're obviously not mature enough to take care of a child, you barely take care of yourself." She snapped.

"He's not a low-life! He's a good guy, and he cares about me. I've been terrified of dating ever since William, but I'm finally ready to try it again, and nobody, not you, not dad, NOBODY is going to stop me from trying to be happy. We both know that we're not ready for kids, but we care deeply for each other and we're going to try and make this work." I yelled back.

"Who are you talking about? The guy from last night?! Michelle you don't even know him! You've slept with him one time! You can't seriously think that this guy is boyfriend material!" She yelled.

"Three times. And yes I do think he's boyfriend material. Matter of fact, he may just be husband material but we'll get to that later on." I replied calmly.

"Three times what?" She asked.

"Well, more than that actually." I replied shrugging.

"Three times WHAT Michelle?" She asked angrily.

"I've fucked him more than three times, Gabi! I think we did it twice last night and we did it twice today!" I yelled.

"What?!?! That's where you've been? Spreading your legs for some random dude who you think you're in love with?! And what do you mean you "think" you did it twice last night? You don't know?" She asked.

"I do love him, Gabi! And he loves me! And I was very, very drunk last night. I don't remember anything that happened. It was one of those nights." I said.

"Michelle, how do you know he didn't roofie you or something?! You're gorgeous, of course he's going to be "in love" with you. Until he gets bored and then he's going to toss you aside like a piece of trash."

"Because you know so much, Gabi." I snapped.

"I do! That's why I have Ryder, and I live with you! Because James wanted me long enough to satisfy him, and then he was gone. I got pregnant with Ryder and he vanished. I don't want that to happen to you!" She yelled.