Speaking Her Body Language

I stared at him, "What?! Babe we've known each other for one day, we can't do that. When I told him that, I meant in the future. Not tomorrow."

He smiled, "You are very right babe. I just thought you might be on board with the idea, seeing as how you just exiled yourself from the only family you had."

"I'm still all for getting out of here. Where are we going anyway?" I asked.

"All over. You're coming with us on our world tour. It'll get you away from here for awhile, and keep your mind off of everything."

"I thought you said you had to go back to work tomorrow." I asked.

"Yes, I do. But you're coming with me. We're finishing up tomorrow and then tomorrow night we're all staying at Mike's, and we'll head to the airport early Thursday morning to head to Europe. I don't want you anywhere that they can find you. You'll be safe with me." He kissed me.

"The further away from here, the better. We'd better go get my stuff while Gabi isn't there, because I don't want her pulling the same shit." I sighed.
"She won't. Not with me there. Because I'll go off on her like I did your dad." he finished putting his stuff in his bag.
"She'll try. They're probably planning an ambush. I bet all of them are there, waiting for me to come get my stuff so they can all start in on me."
"They won't say a word to you, because I'm walking in first, and anyone that wants you has to get through me first. They're not hurting you anymore, baby." He put his bag on the bed, and went to the closet.

I was about to say something, when someone knocked on the door.
I turned to walk down the hall, but he grabbed me, "No, stay here. I'll get it."
Of course I didn't listen, and I quietly followed him, standing next to the staircase when he opened the door.
"Can I help you?" He asked.
"I'm here to talk to Michelle."
"What's your business?" he asked, crossing his arms.
"She's my sister. I want to make sure she's okay."
"Chauntelle?" I stepped out from behind Chester.
"Micky, you're okay!" she hugged me.
"I thought you'd all be mad at me." I said.
"Well, I won't lie, Gabi, Angelo and Derek are furious with you, but Chris and I were worried about you. We know how dad is, and we know that you only tend to lash out when he gives you a reason to, so I just came to make sure you weren't drinking to get back at him." She hugged me again.
"No, I'm fine. I'm not drinking, I was just finishing dinner." I said.
"You're Chester, I presume?" Chauntelle asked.
He glances at me, then nods, "Yes, I am." he shook her hand.
"Chauntelle, her sister. Chris is in the car, but he didn't know if you'd want to see him, Michelle."
"Yeah, let's go see him. Babe, I'll be back in a few minutes." I smiled reassuringly at Chester.

"So, that's prince charming, huh?" she nudged me playfully.
I smiled, "Yeah. He's so amazing. So thoughtful, and caring. We don't know each other very well, but he already feels the need to be protective of me. He loves me, and I love him." I sighed.
"I for one, think it's a great thing that you're dating again. It's been long enough, and you're doing better. One night was a hiccup, but obviously, you're not falling completely off the wagon." She said.
"No, last night was a bad idea, but I met Chester, so it wasn't all bad. But he's a recovering alcoholic too, and last night was a bad night for him too. But we're going to work together to stay sober, and not let each other slip up. We're going to help each other." We stopped on the side walk, and I looked at her.
"He wants to get married one day. He wants to have a family with me. He's standing there watching me like a hawk, because he's worried about me, and he doesn't want to see me get hurt again. He does love me, and I don't care what Dad, Gabi, Derek and Angelo think. I'm going to be with him, and for the first time in my life, I'm going to be happy. I feel like I deserve that much, anyway."
She smiled, "You do. You deserve to be treated right, and loved. You deserve to be happy, you've spent your life thinking that because mom didn't love you, that you weren't worthy of anyone's love. But you are, and I am so happy that you found someone that loves you. And Chris and I still want to be in your life. We want to be at your wedding, and we want to be there when you have kids, we're still here for you, you haven't lost all of your family, you still have us."
I hugged her, "It'll be nice to have someone. You, him, and I were always different from the other three and dad. We were a team."