I'll Love You For A Thousand Years

"You mean you haven't taken it in three days? Do you realize how many times we've had sex since the party?!" the panic in his voice was making me panic.
I leaned against the wall, my face in my hands, the tears camouflaged by the water as I cried softly.
"We aren't ready for this yet. What are we going to do?" I asked.
He rinsed the conditioner out of my hair and wiped my face with a washcloth, "Relax, it's not a for sure thing yet, don't panic. We're going to get your stuff, you'll just have to keep taking them like nothing happened, and we'll be fine." he said.
"You're right, we just have to be more careful." he helped me to my feet, and I washed my face.
"We'll have kids when we're ready, but right now isn't that time." he kissed my forehead.
I grabbed my towel and dried my face, "You're right. It's not going to happen right now, let's just get dressed and get this nightmare over with." I sighed.

I walked back into the living room, and noticed my phone on the coffee table.
I picked it up, and I had eight missed calls from Chauntelle, four from Derek, and about thirty text messages from both of them.

I tapped on Chauntelle's picture, and it started ringing.

"Michelle, I've been calling you since 7am." She said.
"Yeah, my phone was in the living room, I was, um, busy." I hesitated.
"Uh-oh, I know what that means. You've been taking your pill, right?" she asked.
In a split-second decision, I lied, "Of course I have. We were just going to take a shower and head out the door, but it led elsewhere, and two hours later, we're finally showered and getting ready to leave." I glanced over my shoulder where Chester was pouring coffee into two cups.

"You want us to meet you over there, or at Gabi's?" She asked.
"Just meet us here, we'll be ready in a few minutes." I told her.
"Give us about ten, and we'll be there." She said.

"Was that your sister?" Chester handed me my coffee.
"Yeah, she and Chris are on their way over now." I sipped it, and the warmth made me feel better about everything.
"Are you sure you want to wait? To get married, I mean. After that performance earlier, I want to marry you as soon as I can, before someone else steals you away. I want you for the rest of my life." he kissed me.
"I'm sure. Because ring or not, I'm going to be yours every moment of forever." I smiled.

"I'm going to hold you to that." he turns and goes into the bedroom to finish dressing.

I was brushing my hair when the doorbell rang.

"I got it babe." I called, walking down the hall.
"Morning." I greeted them with a hug and a smile.
"We expected to see you sooner, Mickey, but Chauntelle said you got distracted." Chris eyed me suspiciously.
"Well, all I wanted was a shower, but.."
Chester walked in, shirt half on, "You started it." He said sternly.
They both looked at me, and I shrugged, "He kissed me, what was I supposed to do?"
"It was only a kiss!" Chester laughed.
"I may have started it, but your eyes were begging for it before you kissed me." I argued.
He shook his head, "Enough of whose fault it was, I'm not worried about that. Because it was.."
"Shut up!" I whipped around to glare at him.
He laughed and walked back into the bedroom.
"I'm sorry I even asked." Chris laughed, sitting on the couch.
"If you're really sorry, I wouldn't sit on that couch." I said, slipping my shoes on.
He quickly stood back up, "Is anywhere safe?"
I looked around, "Dining room chairs haven't been touched, yet."
He rolled his eyes, and sat down at the table.
"You two are worse than teenagers, I swear." Chauntelle laughed.
"I don't think I was even this bad as a teenager." Chester said.
"You didn't know me yet." I picked up my purse and walked out the front door.

"She's a handful, you ready for it?" Chris asked.
Chester smiled and nodded, "I'm looking forward to it, Chris."

Chauntelle and Chris followed us to Gabi's house.