New Beginnings, And A Perfect Ending.

-Chester-

I walked up the the door, Jack trailing close behind, and knocked.
Chauntelle opened it, "What the fuck are YOU doing here? I'm not sleeping with you again." She sneered.

Her upper lip was swollen and bruised and I could see the missing tooth when she spoke.
"I came here to clear the air between you and I. To set things straight." I said.
"Fine, but I'm still not sleeping with you." She let me in, and Jack followed silently.
"Chauntelle, I know that we may have thought that there were feelings that day, but really there weren't. It was just me using you to get back at your sister. I made a mistake, and I'm sorry I got you involved in this mess." I said.
"It's whatever, Chester. None of that changes the fact that my sister disfigured my face, and is a worthless bitch." She snapped.
With that, Jack stepped into the room, "Now, I don't care how angry you are at her, you will NOT say things like that about your sister. And I know what you said to her in her kitchen too. Chauntelle after everything your mother put Michelle through, how DARE you say things like that to her." He gave her a look.
"Dad, I know I crossed the line, but don't you see that she's ruining both her life and his?" she asked.
"No. They both made a mistake, and they're moving on. Like YOU should do." he said.
She looked at me, "Just take care of both of them, Chester. If this is what you want, then so be it. But don't hurt her or Brynlee. The same goes for her with you. And I'll never forget that afternoon." she said.
"I plan to take very good care of them, Chaun." I said.

She sighed, "I just don't see why you're going to stay with her after she lied to you. A good person wouldn't do that." She said.

"She has her reasons, Chaun. You know that." I replied.

"I get that, but still. That's not something you lie about. There's no good reason to hurt someone like that." She said.

"Chauntelle, She-"

"Do you not understand what she took away from you?! You were a father, finally after what happened to Bailee, and she just snatched that happiness away. Sure you can forgive her for that, but I can't. That's wrong." She said.

"I love her, Chaun. I always have, and always will. We're still raising that baby as ours, nothing has changed about that." I said slowly.

"Where is she now?" Chauntelle looked between me and Jack.

"At home with Brynlee." I said.

"Alone??" She asked incredulously.

"Well yeah, why?" I asked.

"Because you shouldn't trust her alone." She said.

"Chauntelle, she can't even have sex for six weeks. There's nothing to worry about." I told her.

"True, but it won't stop her from putting a dick in her mouth." Chauntelle said sharply.

"Chauntelle!" Jack warns.

"True, but I trust her, even though you think I shouldn't." I said.

"She's a whore." Was all she said.

"Wouldn't be the first one I've fucked." I shrugged.

They both shot me a dirty look.

"I am not talking about you, Chauntelle." I rolled my eyes.

"Between my first wife and Michelle, I had a different girl in my bed every night, living a joyless existence of drugs, sex and alcohol until I met your sister. It's been a hell of a fucking ride since that night, but I wouldn't trade Michelle for anything." I continued.

"She was doing the exact same thing until she met you. And at first I was happy for her, finally finding someone to settle down with, but as time has gone on, I've come to despise her for taking advantage of a good man. It's just not fair the way she treats you, and I don't think you should put up with it anymore." She replied.