09 ✧ caregiver

"And it was time to finally get you back to the orphanage. How I didn't want you to leave me."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It didn't take long for the pair to finish their meal. Well, (y/n) had finished first while Naruto kept on eating until his stomach was completely filled. It surprised (y/n) how much the boy could actually eat when it came to ramen. She would have to bring him back when she had him again.

Now the pair were currently walking together on their way back to the orphanage. (Y/n) couldn't help but feel as if she had already broken the promise she had made to Naruto not to long ago. She blamed Kakashi for making her feel like this. She hated him for making herself doubt herself. Even if hate was such a strong word.

The silence surrounding the two brought back memories of when they first met. Making (y/n) uncomfortable, the boy didn't really talk to her much less interact with her. This made her wonder if Naruto would still talk to her once he went back to the orphanage. She really hoped he would.

(Y/n) blinked in surprise, eyes shooting down to look at the boy who had hesitantly grabbed onto her hand. A toothy grin spread on his face while a light coat of pink crossed his features. The action itself had surprised her but it wasn't unwelcomed a bit.

(Y/n) didn't stop the smile from spreading on her face, giving the small hand a gentle squeeze. Doing her best to reassure the boy that she wasn't going anywhere without him.

"You won't forget about me, right?"

(Y/n) was surely going to die of guilt and a cutenesses overload. Releasing her grip on his tiny hand, she bent down to pick up the boy. Placing him on her hip, smiling when Naruto buried his face into her neck. One little hand holding tightly onto her shirt, while the other was softly gripping her hair.

Her action was trying its best to convey that she wouldn't ever forget about the boy in her arms.

(Y/n) softly spoke, "Naruto, I would never be able to forget you and I highly doubt anyone that would cross your path would never forget about you. You're too precious."

The soft whimpering caught her attention, stopping in her steps at the feeling of water hitting her neck.

(Y/n) frowned, patting the boy's back gently, hushing him softly. Whispering small words of comfort, listening to his sobs turn into quiet hiccups.

"Look up at me sweetheart." (Y/n) cooed, watching the boy shyly show his face to her. His blue eyes bloodshot, cheeks red from his tear trails, and his lower lip still slightly trembling. Her unoccupied hand wiped away any stray tears, before brushing back his hair.

"Give me a smile, Naruto."

The boy only pouted further, shaking his head. (Y/n) only chuckled, before asking him again. "Let me see your bright smile Naruto." The blond boy once more shook his head; he didn't feel like smiling right now. (Y/n) knew the boy wouldn't budge, making her put on a fake pout that would surely make the boy think she was sad.

Naruto watched as the lady, who was always smiling at him, showing him so much care for him finally frown. That had made him worry internally when he saw her grin turn into a small frown. Did he make her unhappy? If he smiled would it make her feel better? So much panic filled the small boy who quickly sniffled, his small hand wiping away any reminiscence of tears and quickly giving the woman a smile.

"There's that beautiful smile."

The words alone made him blush, bashfully whining in embarrassment as he placed his head back into the comforts of her neck. (Y/n) just laughed at how adorable and flustered the boy was now currently being.

"Aren't you just the cutest." (Y/n) cheerily said, earning a low whine from the blond boy. "I'm not cute." Naruto denied, showing her his red face while giving her a small pout. The action alone not helping prove his point.

(Y/n) didn't bother to say anything else, thinking that boy had enough playful teasing for the day. Besides she was just glad the boy was in a better mood, even if it would be just for the time being until they got to the orphanage. Speaking of which (y/n) didn't know why it was further out of Konoha. It was pointless of being so out there, what if there was an attack near the orphanage? Sure shinobi's were fast but it would still cost them time before they arrived there.

(Y/n) also wanted to know, why they didn't bother finding Naruto? The boy had been gone for over two days and the people working there still didn't bother to search for the boy. She just guessed that either they didn't care enough for the children there, or in particular Naruto. "Can I walk?" Naruto asked, looking straight at her.

(Y/n) placed the boy down on the ground besides her, their hands automatically linking together once more. As they both continued along the path to the orphanage, a place neither of them wanted to head to.

But life wasn't fair. Especially for the both of them.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Sorry this chapter wasn't that long I was gonna keep on writing but I just got to lazy and decided to split the chapter in half. But the next chapter should be up in a couple of days. Enjoy.