Thirty-Five

During work Adrien avoided his father to the best of his abilities. He was done with him. Gabriel had promised to quit being the dreaded Papillon.

It was painfully obvious that the Agrestes were having family troubles once again but Marinette didn't know how to start another conversation with Adrien after he told her she was so kissable. He knew how to make her swoon it was embarrassing, still she liked it.

Soon as Adrien left for a bathroom break she took this chance to talk to Gabriel since Adrien would protest in her meddling. It wasn't meddling though it was like fixing a broken chair. Give the chair some nails and new coat of paint and it was good as new. But, Adrien and Gabriel's father-son relationship wasn't broken. It was shattered.

"Gabriel, I know it's none of my business but whatever is going on with you and Adrien it's affecting everyone. It's concerning." Marinette commented as she looked at his design.

'When had he brought a female mannequin in?' she asked herself. Wasn't this supposed to be a men's fashion line?

"Marinette, I appreciate your concern but the conflict between me and my son is my own doing." Gabriel replied as he pulled this elegant dress on the female mannequin. It was a iris like purple on the sleeveless top then the dress cascaded into a more of a dark violet. It was a odd color choice since this year's event was supposed to be Ladybug and ChatNoir themed.

"You like the dress?" Gabriel asked trying to get her opinion. She looked the dress up and down.

"I thought since this clothing line is based on superheroes why not have their designers dress as Papillon? As if to say that without Papillon or Hawkmoth or whatever absurd name the public is calling him today is responsible for molding the heroes into what they are today." Gabriel was passionate about his unique idea. Marinette didn't know how to feel. He was partially right.

"This is unexpected." She replied as she gawked at the dress again.

"Consider this an apology on my son's behalf. He's not very good with women."

Marinette looked at Gabriel wanting to ask him if this dress might be a bribe.

"Apology?" Marinette asked not sure what Adrien would have to be sorry for. Her phone ringed interrupting the conversation while simultaneously saving Gabriel from spilling the truth.

"Hello?" Marinette questioned not even bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hey, girl. Can you pick up the boys when you pick up Emma? Nino and I have an appointment to find out baby number four's gender. If it's a boy I'm thinking Brazen but Nino likes Casey. Which is a character from the show. I swear if hear one more teenage ninja mutant turtle reference I'm going to live with you." Alya ranted. Marinette laughed as she found Nino's obsession with that franchise a reflection on his hero self, Carapace.

"Its probably just a phase." Marinette joked.

"Can grown men go through phases?" She replied back.

"I don't see why they can't." Marinette stated as she got a glare from Gabriel who despised calls during work. Marinette decided that it was better to take the call in the hallway.

Adrien was walking towards the design studio when he hid behind a wall. He felt childish trying to avoid Marinette but after telling her she was so kissable he didn't think he could face her. He then found himself listening to Marinette's conversation. He could only hear one side of it but he could guess who was on the other line.

"Did Luka take you to dinner? I want to know the details." Alya asked.

"Yes and I told him who Emma's father is and he's okay with it," Marinette said realizing that Alya might be upset since Mainette hadn't told her that secret.

"Your gonna marry him aren't you?" Alya asked not knowing if her best friend was going to respond with a yes or no.

"I won't lie. I have thought about marrying Luka." The words that came out of Marinette's mouth made Adrien regret eavesdropping.

"He was a great boyfriend probably would make a better husband. I know he is a great father. It's just that..."  Marinette added.

"It's just that Adrien is like a cupcake. He looks pretty and you really want him but doesn't mean he'll be good for you in the long run. Girl, this isn't high school. Get your priorities straight Luka, Adrien, Sperm donor or single life. I'll support you in whatever you choose to do. I love your stupid ass."

"Love you too," Marinette replied as she hung up. She didn't want to admit it but Alya was right. Alya was usually right. Marinette took a deep breath found herself calling Luka.

"Hey, you busy tonight?" Marinette hearing Luka answer her call.

"No, I'm just hanging out in a Disney store looking for a present for my favorite kid."

"You don't have to get her anything. Emma will just be glad you're home."

"It's too late. I already bought pop rocks." Luka replied. It's been about four hours at most since their luncheon and Luka was still thinking about them. In Marinette's mind he was perfect but she kept holding herself back with the what ifs.

"Well then in that case you better bring more candy. I'm babysitting the boys. They'll probably bring their overnight bags." She stated knowing how Levi, Remy, and Kurt loved to stay over even know they didn't do it often. Marinette was just thankful that Emma was into the same things as they were.

"Should I bring my overnight bag as well?" Luka teased causing Marinette to blush. Luka liked to tease but he was a very traditional man. He wanted to wait until marriage to have sex.

"Only if you want to." Marinette teased back. They both knew neither of them would try anything if there was children in the apartment.

Adrien didn't know exactly what the conversation was about but he understood that 'young boys' implying more than one were going to stay in the same apartment as his daughter.