Forty-Eight

Gabriel noticed  miraculous underneath his scarf was shifting from lavander to deep plum then back again. A cycle of the butterfly miraculous which signaled Gabriel, that there was a person feeling a strong negative emotion close by. A perfect subject for akumatizting. Wouldn't you think?

However, this couldn't have been worse timing. The feeling he had before his Miraculous alerted him could be best described as being 'half-happy'. He was doing the profession he enjoyed with people he liked working with but the people he loved weren't at his side. No Emilie. No Adrien. He still had Emma, who he didn't possess as strong of familiar bond with since he was just getting to know her. Sure, he could of choose to not transform and not risk his present for his past. But, this wouldn't be a good ending to a Miraculous story if someone didn't get Akumatized, now wouldn't it?

Gabriel hid himself in a back room hoping to remain undisturbed as he quickly transformed. "Guilty or not guilty the court can not prove a crime without witnesses to testify. This makes him the perfect candidate to draw out Ladybug." The newly transformed villain said as he turned a butterfly into one of his akumas. "Fly away, my little akuma, and evilize him!"

The akuma flew into the crumpled photo in Eric's hands. A photo of Nathaniel's son that he had printed off the night before. He had only meant to threaten the poor child in the hope Nathaniel wouldn't testify in court and he would stay a free man. A man who wouldn't have to admit to his actions that people were persistent in calling crimes. Eric Thompson believed that he didn't do anything wrong and that Hawkmoth was here to hand him a way to keep his freedom.

"Hello, Omission. I am HawkMoth. I give you the power to omit the memories from the people that accused you. All I ask in return are the Miraculouses of my two enemies, Ladybug and ChatNoir." Hawkmoth said making sure to include ChatNoir in the new villain's hit list. It wasn't very fatherly to put a bounty out on his own son but Hawkmoth new he couldn't mend a relationship already beyond repair.

"They Krutzbergs will rue the day they crossed paths with Omission." Eric said before transforming into his villainous form. He was dressed in a judge robe, he also wore a golden mask that covered every inch of his head, and he carried a large gavel to execute his evil plans. His first plan of action was to lure out Nathaniel and the superheroes by threatening to wipe Ezra's memory.

Emma and Erza were sitting at a table playing makeshift tic-tac-toe with cucumber slices and shrimp. Luka stayed close by for the children's safety while Marinette had chances to mingle with the guests. A woman shrieked when Omission used his newfound powers on her date. Omission hoped he could use the chaos that ensued to his benefit. A parent usually grabbed their child's hand if they were old enough to run on their own. The problem with this was that young children couldn't keep up and soon slipped out of their parent's grasp.

Erza crawled underneath the table and covered his ears. He couldn't stand all the commotion associated with the newly transformed villain. Emma was shaking similar to Erza but not out of fear but excitement. This was her first akuma attack and although she did not possess a miraculous as of yet, she was already planning a way to defeat Omission. First she needed to find a weapon. She did not have access to a baton or yoyo. She however, did have access to the shrimp and cucumbers slices on the table. She thought that the shrimp would only work if Omission was allergic to seafood and the cucumbers would only be affected when in a battle with ChatNoir.

"Chair?" Emma questioned. Knowing that they were quite a popular weapon in American wrestling. "That's not going to work." She said thinking about the practicality of a chair being portable especially when it did not collapse. She climbed under the table only to ask Erza what he thought would make a good weapon. Of course she took the food with her. She wouldn't be Emma Dupain-Cheng if she didn't eat in a time of crises.