Thirty-Nine

The apartment was quiet. Not hearing a sound was a rare occurrence in it's self.
The rambunctious children had fallen asleep after they devoured dinner, played video games, and fought over Luka's attention. Emma laid on one of the couch ends snoring like her mother while Kurt and Remy cuddled their stuffed toys. Levi was by himself in a fort that he made out of two couch cushions and a blanket.

Luka carefully picked up Levi to put him on the couch with the others while Marinette retrieved blankets and pillows to make the children more comfortable while they slept. Luka lifted one of the kid's as Marinette tucked a pillow underneath then placed a blanket on top of them so they wouldn't get cold. They did this for the other three until all were snug as a bug in a rug.

"Those gifts were so sweet." Marinette said appreciating Luka's kindness. "They would of been fine without gifts." She continued.

"And risk not being their favorite uncle?" Luka teased as he grabbed the last gift bag which was a light pink, off the kitchen counter and handed it to Marinette. She never cared if she got a present or not but Marinette was special to him. To him she was the one. The only one

Marinette expected the pink engagement ring due to the size of the bag. But, when she reached in and her finger tips made contact with the object Marinette instinctively stated the texture of the mysterious object inside. "It's soft?"
Marinette sounded disappointed since jewelry boxes had a hard texture.

"Were you except something different?" He questioned realizing that he had told Ladybug after the Akuma attack that he was going to propose to Marinette. To be fair he did not know they were one and the same at the time.

"No... " she replied. Her cheeks turning the very same color as the gem on the ring that unbeknownst to her was still in his jacket pocket.

Turning to change the awkward subject she pulled the soft object out of the bag. It turned out to be an obviously oversized black t-shirt especially for Marinette's small figure. She examined the t-shirt that had Luka's latest album cover printed on the front and the back said 'Bluebell'. The title of Marinette's favorite song.

She smiled knowing this was probably a last minute thought yet it wasn't any less precious to her. In the past (before Luka toured) they were raising Emma together, Luka would stay over and help with rocking her to sleep by singing her a lullaby or bottle feeding her in the middle of the night to help Marinette. He used to leave some of his clothes behind and Marinette would steal his band shirts to wear to bed. Not that he minded.

"Luka, thank you." She said as she gave him a hug. Neither one wanted to let go. "You can stay the night." Marinette told him knowing that he wouldn't try to have sex while there were children in the apartment. She couldn't say that for Adrien, let alone ChatNoir.

"The couch seems pretty full." He added heading towards the door knowing what Marinette meant by staying the night but wanted her to say it.

"Suit yourself, I'll just have to invite Adrien over. Or maybe, ChatNoir." She teased as she grabbed her new pajama shirt and her phone and headed to her bedroom.

"On second thought." He stated as he scooped her up, bridal style. She made a loud high pitched noise similar to that of a mouse in response of his actions. Both paused  making sure the kids stayed asleep neither wanted this to get back to Alya. The only reaction of any of the kids was Emma turning onto her side.

Once Marinette and Luka got settled in her bedroom that looked like a cover of a interior design magazine with the light blush colored walls that seemed almost white and beautiful balcony hidden by silver stain curtains that had little white pearls sewn into the bottom of the fabric. The room like most master bedroom's had a bathroom attached to it. The comforter was sliver, blush, white, and wine tying all the colors in the room together.

Luka changed into his pajamas which for him meant a t-shirt and boxers. Marinette  put more effort into getting comfortable by changing from her business attire into her new pajama shirt (courtesy of Luka), a pair of red pajama shorts, and a pair of Ladybug fuzzy socks. They had changed in the same room even know the bathroom was clearly available because Marinette and Luka were both adults and not hormonal teenagers acting on sexual tension.

Marinette and Luka slept about a hour before hearing an annoying tapping sound that soon turned into a knock. Marinette scooted to the end of the bed and yawned. She thought maybe it was one of the kids not being able to sleep.

"Go back to sleep." Luka mumbled waking up do to the weight of the mattress shifting. He had stayed up until two in the morning, the night before debating his relationship with Marinette. This moment whether or not it was perfect, he didn't care. It was HIS moment with her.

Marinette turned on the nightstand lamp causing Luka to cover his head with a blanket. She got up and opened the bedroom door and no one was there.

"That's odd." Marinette yawned. She then check and counted the children. "One, two, three, four." All there. All asleep.

She headed back to the bedroom noticing how the sound was louder in the bedroom. She thought to herself "Maybe it's the neighbors across the street?"

She opened the curtains to find ChatNoir pleading green eyes tapping the window glass wanting in. She was about to cave in. Her hand was on the latch to unlock the door when Luka surprised her. He put and hand on the door and looked her dead in the eye and said "No."

Author's Note:
Here's a chapter to keep yo guys happy. I actually have chapters 40 through 43 done but I'll just post those on Tuesdays so you guys won't suffer too much while I work my WEBTOON.