Forty-One

Marinette woke up to the smell of waffles and bacon. The boys were already dressed which included; teeth brushed and hair combed. All before Alya and Nino arrived to pick up their three troublemakers. Alya and Nino had news on what baby number four's gender was. Boy? Girl? The excitement was unbearable this pass day especially for the boys. Do they get a baby brother? Baby sister?

The kids sat on the bar stools while they enjoyed the waffles that Luka made with strawberry eyes, whip cream smiles, and raspberry noses with bacon on the side. Growing kids need protein even if bacon was more grease than meat.

"..uka can you... put my hair in a ponytail?" Emma asked mouth full of waffle. She would rather eat another waffle then brush her matted black hair. She was still in her pajamas unlike the boys who were easier to get up then her. She wouldn't get up unless she smelled breakfast.

"Sure thing, Emma." Luka  finished cooking the last waffle then grabbed detangler spray, a cameo hair tie, and a brush that he had sitting on the counter because he knew Emma's habit of not taking care of her properly.

Marinette walked out of her bedroom to find Luka with a brush in his right hand, hairspray in left hand, and a ponytail hanging out of his mouth.

"You missed your calling as a hairstylist." Marinette teased as she smiled at Luka.

"Can you do my hair for the play? I want to look extra special for my Ladybug." Emma stated as she grabbed another waffle.

"I would be honored to help you win your Ladybug's heart." Luka replied. He knew Emma wasn't the girl that fit into society's idea of normal. She choose not to hang out with girls her own age since she had more things in common with the boys. For example she liked being active in sports, she liked eating a endless amount of food, and jokes pertaining to farts or burps . Emma has one female friend (as far as  Luka knows) because Emma talks about one girl often and her name is Charlotta Blohm. Emma and Charlotta's friendship reminds Luka of his sister and her friend's past relationship before they realized they have developed romantic feelings for each other. Luka couldn't be a more prouder dad (even know he's not biological)  that Emma was listening to her heart and ignoring the social norm.

"Your so cool!" Emma said turning around to hug him after he finished with her hair.
Luka put Emma's age into consideration. She was only ten too young for dating anyone in his opinion but if she decided that was the road she would take he would support her.

"Can you dye my hair?" She questioned wanting her hair tips dyed similar to Luka's.

"No, you're too young to dye your hair." Marinette added.

"But Mom." Emma pouted.

"I didn't start dying my hair until I was in ninth grade but first I practiced on Juleka." Luka explained as he did the dishes and Marinette dried them.

"Mom, I want a brother." Emma stated nearly causing Marinette to drop the dish in her hands. Marinette looked at Luka and thought that Luka has proven he would be an excellent father.

"I thought I was your brother." Kurt asked Emma as he watch her steal the rest of Remy's waffle.

"You are the best brother." Emma replied hugging him with sticky syrup fingers.

"That's better." Kurt said as he caught Emma to steal part of his waffle too.

"My waffle. Don't touch." He declared.

There was a knock on the door and to no one's surprise it was Alya and Nino. Nino was wearing a black hat that said 'The Original' in white font, a blue plaid shirt with a white T-shirt underneath, ripped jeans, and white socks with a pair of Jordan's.