Words

Short chap but you know whateves. Fave and comment for more if you enjoy -
___________________________

Tomahawk trailed behind Devon in the super market, not sure of how close he should stay to his guardian. Due to his lack of conversational abilities, and his odd appearance, the boy was almost positive that Devon would be ashamed to be seen with him. And for that reason, he had settled on staying quite a distance away from his guardian, acting as if they hadn't come to the store together.

It wasn't until the two of them were back in Devon's car that said man spoke. "Julio, are you alright?"

For a moment, the boy thought, then proceeded to nod slowly.

"Do you not like being in public?"

He shrugged. Then, he noticed Devon pause for a moment and take a deep breath, as if he were under a large amount of stress. Oh, Tomahawk knew that look extremely well. He couldn't even count on his hands the number of times he had gotten it during his time in the hospital. His guardian's patience was wearing thin; he couldn't deal with Tomahawk's disease. Most likely, he didn't know how to deal with it. Tomahawk wasn't surprised, honestly. He had stopped putting his trust in the coping abilities of other human beings. The only person he could trust was himself. And considering how unstable he was, it wasn't exactly comforting.

"Julio, I don't know what to do for you." And with that, Devon turned on the car, and started towards their trip home. An uncomfortable silence seemed to linger between them, to the point where even Tomahawk found it unsettling. Normally, he could tolerate silence for weeks, or sometimes months on end. How was it that only a few seconds was beginning to make him squirm? And then it hit him.

Guilt. He felt bad that Devon was so anxious about his disorder. Goddamnit, for someone who was supposed to be a genius, he was a real idiot sometimes. He wanted to say something to Devon. Anything, really. Just one word. One. He could have said something idiotic, but it would have been better than nothing.

It wasn't until they had pulled into the driveway that he forced his vocal chords to do something.

"I'm sorry,"

he murmured, barely loud enough for his guardian to hear. Still, the man managed to pick up the words.

Devon's mind worked quickly, until he realized that this was the first time he had heard his voice. The younger man spoke softly, but his voice seemed capable of holding strength, authority, and confidence. In fact, he probably did before his disorder developed into what it was now. "I...uhm...it's okay, Julio," the man managed to force out, too shocked to speak smoothly.

Tomahawk, on the other hand, knew that it wasn't okay. He wanted to curl up into a ball and die. Sure, Devon was probably thrilled that he had actually managed to speak, but the feeling was far from mutual. As quickly as he could, Tomahaqk unbuckled his seat belt and tried to move out of the car, only to have a strong hand wrap around his arm and successfully stop him in his tracks.

"Tomahawk..."

Wordlessly, said man turned around, dreading what was to come. He knew very well that his sentence had thrown Devon into a state of shock, and that his guardian wasn't about to let it drop any time soon. Still, he prayed that he might be able to slip into the silence of his room and wait for the day to be over.

They stared at each other for the longest time, eventually making it evident to Tomahawk that he was supposed to speak. "Hm?" he managed to force out.

Devon blinked a few times, apparently taken aback once again by the noise that came out of Julio's throat. "You should talk more often," he said, giving the younger man a sheepish grin. When he saw the puzzled look the younger man was giving him, Devon's smile got even larger. "You have a nice voice."

If Tomahawk didn't feel like he was going to die before, he sure did now. To make matters worse, his face was beginning to burn up to the point where he was sure his guardian would notice. Embarrassed didn't even begin to describe it. He knew that he should have probably said something else, but the words refused to form in his throat. He had already done enough today, and his body refused to do any more. That, and he really didn't want to talk anymore.

When they finally got into the house, the blue-haired boy made a beeline to his room, only to be stopped again. "Tomahawk."

Narrowly dismissing the idea of letting a scowl come to his face, said man turned around again. His expression alone was enough to let Devon know he wasn't about to say anything else.

"I'm proud of you. I just...uh...wanted to tell you," Devon said, the same foolish look coming to his face. He spoke awkwardly, as if he didn't know what he was doing. Accurate, because really, he had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do.

Julio, on the other hand, hadn't noticed the fumbling of Devon's words. He had focused remembering the last time he had heard those words. Slowly, he sorted through his memories, and realized that it was the first time anyone had said that to him.

Consequently, the effect of the words hit him like an oncoming train. His chest clenched, and he quickly grabbed the fabric over his heart, only half aware of what he was doing. Devon, who at the moment was the quicker of the two, moved forward and wrapped both of his arms firmly around the younger man. For the longest time, the two of them stood there, Devon waiting patiently, and Tomahawk staring ahead blankly, tears dripping down his face.

___________________________

DevonDoesTomahawk anyone? ;)

WOOHOO SHORT CHAPTER.

Comment what ship I should write about next - Kiani or GBomb or maybe I'll have enough time to do both :^)

Don't forget to fave if you wants moree