Healing Wounds Breaking Wounds

That night, Julio stumbled into his room after at least three cups of tea and several sleeping pills, and proceeded to pass out in his bed. He slept dreamlessly, which he preferred. Considering how the day went, he would only end up with nightmares, and any more mental stress would probably break him.

A good eight hours later-longer than he had slept in years-Julio blinked his eyes open, and attempt to roll over in bed, only to bump up against something solid.

Confused, he tilted his head, only to catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye. What the hell?

"Devon?"

"Mgh," his guardian grunted back, completely unaware of what was going on. His eyes were still shut, and he was in his clothes from the night before, just like Julio. But...when had he gotten there, and why?

"What the hell are you doing?" Julio forced out. He was just...confused, more than anything else. Maybe he should have been bothered by the older man sharing a bed with him, but he was too tired to worry about it. He had just woken up, and felt like he could sleep for another couple of hours at the very least.

"I was worried."

"Why?"

"You seemed...off. Yesterday, I mean," Devon murmured groggily, hardly thinking about the arm that he proceeded to wrap around Julio's body to pull them closer together.

Julio was shocked by the sudden display of affection, but made no attempt to stop it. If anything, he enjoyed it. His face burned, but he quickly hid it in Devon's chest. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I wanted to make sure you were safe."

"Hm?"

"I didn't want you to hurt yourself." Oh. Right. He had heavily implied that he would kill himself if anything happened to Will.

"...Why?" he asked, though he already knew the answer. Devon was easy to read.

"I care about you."

"But-"

"Shh, just go back to sleep. I'm tired."

"You have work today," Julio stated flatly. In fact, Devon should have already been up and out of the house.

"No, another manager is covering me. Besides, Zach is probably there, so it'll be fine."

"Why?" Julio asked again. There was no reason for this. He just...didn't understand.

Devon shrugged, and ran a hand through Julio's hair. "I wanted to be with you."

The looked up at the older man, and saw that he had one of the sincerest looks on his face that Julio had ever seen.

Unfortunately, he felt himself begin to blush again. He didn't understand why Devon was always so kind to him. He felt awful for interpreting his words differently...making them...romantic. Surely, Devon didn't have any of those intentions. Now, Julio wouldn't mind, but the last thing he wanted was to make some sort of mistake and gross his guardian out. Devon probably didn't even like men.

Over the past few days, he had been able to convince himself of this fairly well. Devon didn't like him. He was only interested in women. There was no chance whatsoever, and it probably wasn't worth it to try anyway.

The last thing he wanted was to end up like Will.

So, when Devon pressed his lips against Julio's forehead, the boy froze in shock and just stared at the older man. "Devon-"

Said man seemed to be just as flustered as the younger boy. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

Julio stopped his words by putting a hand to the older man's lips. Cautiously, he moved himself up in bed, and hesitated for a moment. He wanted to kiss him. But...he had never initiated something like this before.