Chapter 16 (Part 3 ~ ONC #10)

The dryer was whirling around, tumbling the clothes that we'd stolen on our walk home. There was more than one reason we walked it, and they were the items that were for Constantino to wear while we were here. When we walked away from this world, I don't know what would happen.

Curious to his past, I ventured out to the lounge room where he was watching the news. If he could understand it, I don't know. Maybe it was just to fill in time.

"What are those things that were in the tomb? You didn't seem overly interested when I mentioned them."

"Just the things that they used while they were here. They are old but not of any value."

"I see. What do you think happened to your things after they brought you here?"

Constantino shrugged.

"Does that mean that you might not have clothes, a place to live, money in the bank?"

"The place will always be mine as would the money. My possessions will still be there, and I'm sure that a thick layer of dust will be too."

"So, they won't take your things?"

He smiled at me as his head turned.

"They won't be able to get past the front gate. Trust me; everything is fine."

"You're okay with returning now?"

"These past few hours have shown me that it is necessary. I don't want to leave this wondrous world, but it would seem that I don't have much choice. How are my new clothes drying?"

"Getting there," I said as I sat on the lounge.

I was starting to get tired, but I had to alter my sleeping pattern so that I would be awake during the night. Vampires were not friends with the sun, so it was necessary that I slept through the day.

"And the neighbour?"

I laughed softly, leaning back against the lounge.

"What I would give to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation."

Yes, Ingrid and her cronies turned up. Not sure what they thought but given the stench of the place, I wasn't surprised that they didn't stay long.

Constantino's gaze turned back to the television; he sat forward when images of Stonehenge popped up.

"Where is that?"

"Not far. About an hour and a half up the motorway."

I sat up, seeing his curiosity.

"Is that the gate?"