Chapter 1

Background: Perseus is the first child of both Aphrodite and Poseidon and was born after the eldest gods were released from Kronos' stomach and before he had been defeated and overthrown. Not liking having his first child with Aphrodite given he was only with her for pleasure, and the fact that the godling was born with a rare condition where he aged even slower than a mortal, Poseidon cast Perseus, no more than weeks after his birth, away trapping him on a deserted island in the middle Aegean Sea that was sealed magically by him to be impossible to find. The island also had a curse over it so that no one could leave the island by sea or air or any form of teleportation, having expected the child to die in the wilderness of the island having been only a few months old Poseidon had ignored the island until a few years had past and Kronos had been overthrown. Observing the island and finding out that Perseus was still alive, Poseidon sent monsters to the island in hopes that they would kill the youngling, and due to his rare condition until he is full age if he is killed, he will just fade. As his attempts went on for years, sending what were thought to be unkillable monsters to the island such as the Nemean Lion, Minotaur, Clazmonian Sow, Chimera and many more, Poseidon grew frustrated, as even as a child, none of the monsters managed to kill the boy and eventually after over a decade of trying, the boy being at a mortal age of 6 now, he gave up, believing that regardless of the boy's existence no one would know of the child as he was stuck on the island and Aphrodite believed him to have killed the child as well as him already having threatened to kill her and anyone she ever loved if she told anyone.

Perseus had grown up on the island alone having few fleeting memories from before hand such as his name being Perseus, the loving kaleidoscopic eyes of his mother and the raging hateful sea green gazes of his father. As he grew, he learnt how to fend for himself, teaching himself how to hunt for food and build fires for himself. Learning how to cook and discovering what plants he could consume, he was an extremely intelligent child, even for a god. He gathered stones and leftover spoils from monsters he had killed to craft rudimentary weapons and tools to make his life easier, he created his own bow and arrows after having seen a monster that had come for him that called itself a dracaena use one. He even found a sword from one of the creatures he defeated and over the years he grew stronger, faster and more intelligent, teaching himself how to use each of the weapons. Perseus became an expert in wielding swords, daggers, shields and spears as well as using many of these in combination with one another but his favourite weapon by far was the bow and arrow. Perseus became an amazing hunter and, although not to his knowledge, he could out shoot any being in the world, both mortal and godly.

Perseus' bow was a beautiful weapon, hand crafted by himself from one of the mightiest trees in the forest he occupied, with designs of nature and the forest he resided in etched across the wood. The string was made from a piece of the hide he had acquired from the Nemean Lion he had slain when he was a mortal age of 4. Perseus had learnt how to create no tracks when travelling through the forest and to follow those of other creatures with complete silence and a swiftness akin to no others. He could shoot an almost completely hidden creature from almost a half mile away with pinpoint accuracy and target a monster's weak spots with practised ease to the point where it seemed completely effortless.

Perseus had learnt much about the world around him from his inquisitive nature and amazing intellect, as well as by using an ability he found he had and talking to the animals that filled the forest. Perseus had learnt of and became extremely proficient at using the powers he had of manipulating water both from the sea and the lakes that scattered the island, also being able to draw water from the moisture of the air to use. Using the water, he could make it solid as well as turn it to ice and steam and manipulate it in all states to do almost anything he could imagine, as he became more skilled it took him less and less concentration and energy to do this and soon he could do it whilst paying almost no attention for long periods of time with only barely feeling the drain it had on him. Furthermore, Perseus found he had abilities to manipulate nature, he could influence the growth of plants and manipulate grown plants, using this he could bind and even slay monsters with vines and other plants he could summon. By using his nature powers Perseus also transformed the once luscious forest he resided in to one of unparalleled beauty and liveliness where the happiness that emanated from the wilderness was clear to all who looked upon it.

Another thing that Perseus found was that he didn't need to sleep like all the other creatures did, he understood that sleep was necessary to regain energy through rest although he found that his energy was restored as the sun and moon both set and rose in the cycles of day and night and that, if in their light, his energy was restored at a greater rate to when he was hidden from them. Unknown to him the sunsets and sunrises of his island, alike to the forest, held a beauty matched by no other in the world. Perseus also found he could use powers tied to the sun and moon like using the moon light to increase his speed and use the light of the sun to blind and even burn his enemies.

The final power that he possessed was the ability to transform his body into that of a wolf, as such he is also able to hunt with even more prowess then other wolves and was an extremely vicious and effective fighter in this form. His wolf form, as he found in the reflection of one of the still lakes one night, was a large creature whose coat was a black darker then any other he had seen before even in the darkest shadows, with his normal eyes that were a deep glowing purple.

Due to Perseus's intelligence he was able to deduce that the powers he had were a result of his destined domains although he wasn't yet sure of precisely what they were.

Perseus was now 7 mortal years of age and extremely muscled and fit for his age, for the past 2 years he had not encountered any more then the occasional monster that were mostly cyclopes that he found were being attracted from the surrounding seas by his strong scent in hopes to devour him. Regardless of the lack of monsters Perseus still trained his skills and worked to expand his knowledge as well as train his powers to an even greater extent, where he was extremely proficient in all his powers.

Perseus enjoyed his life greatly now where he could spend his life enjoying himself by talking to animals, working on his different skills, enjoying hunting animals across the island, sculpting different items from the stones he dug from the mountain on the island when working on his strength. This was all until one day his life changed drastically as he was sitting by his fire one night eating the meat of a deer he had hunted and prepared whilst staring into the flames dreaming of one day finding more to life, more specifically someone to share it with.

----------

Please vote on who you want Percy to end up with:

1) Zoe Nightshade

2) Artemis

3) Other (Any suggestions are fine)

Thanks :)