Chapter 19

The sun rose early that morning, spreading rays of a golden hue across the streets of Olympus, reflecting off the many pristine buildings the likes of which could be seen nowhere else. The sun had not shone so boldly in many years, and with the new rays of light, a bold and beautiful white marble palace was unveiled to the residents of the mountain for the first time in decades. A sight lost to the mountain so long ago was returned more impressive than ever.

Down the streets of Olympus, as far as you could go, nestled amongst brilliant parks on the very edge of the mountain lay the homely palace of the eldest child of the late titan lord and lady. Awakening to the rays of her only son's domain, Hestia's face unveiled a smile rivalling the sunlight for brilliance. As she rose and changed from her sleepwear, Hestia disappeared in a swift vortex of flames only to reappear next to a building so different from those on the mountain.

As if hewn from the nature around it, vines grew from the ground up along the edges, coupling with the moss that formed along the northern edge of the building. The home and forge, combined to be one, was not the imposing masterpiece of the palaces of Olympus, design by her ever innovating niece, but a testament to the hands that built it. Running her hand along the rough surface of the weather worn wood that formed the walls of the home, Hestia reflected on the times she had watched her child build the very walls she touched. What felt like yesterday in her immortal life had been years ago.

Entering the building, Hestia was surprised to find it empty but soon deduced where she would be able to find the inhabitants. Trekking along the well worn path down to the beach, Hestia saw two large forms laying on the sands where the tides would only reach far enough to just touch. On the left there was a large white mound of fur that raised up upon hearing her approach, reaching an imposing height of 4 foot 2 having finished growing after being named the godly animal of her son. The bear turned it's piercing purple eyes upon her before running over in huge bounds and wrapping around her and encasing her in the warmth that exuded from her fur.

Chucking, Hestia softly rubbed her granddaughter's snout whilst she turned her gaze onto the large black form that had laid beside the bear that was now grumbling her approval. Similarly raising to his feet, Perseus stood at 7 feet, a sight that would send even immortals running without even seeing the razor sharp fangs or eyes that belayed the true power of the being. Morphing back into his human form, Perseus turned back to see his mother and daughter watching him and smiled with joy.

The three were soon after joined by another woman who was wrapped in a soft, light brown dress with a golden bow around her waist. Smiling, Perseus wrapped his aunt in a hug, whispering to her, "I missed you auntie."

"I missed you too nephew, it has been too long." Demeter replied, placing a soft kiss on his cheek before the pair parted, facing the others.

After their greetings, the four retreated back to the only house currently on the island, prepared for the busy time ahead, constructing the new home along with Perseus honing his newfound abilities. Once they re-entered the clearing where his home resided, the group decided on the location of the second building, placing it on the other side of the clearing as the one now there.

After quickly planning out the layout, something Demeter was surprised to find out her sister was very knowledgeable about. They decided to take a break and focus on powers before beginning the gathering of the materials they will need. As Perseus sat in the middle of the clear with his legs crossed and Erimia laying next to him, his mother and aunt in a similar position as himself across from him, he was about to begin focussing on his inner power before his mother interrupted.

"Perhaps we should start with 'Mia?" She offered, "She has always had some power, but we are unsure the gifts she may have been granted now."

Nodding, Perseus instructed his daughter on what she needed to do in order to access her power and explore it as he was about to and joined Demeter and Hestia across from her to give her space. It took a few minutes before a glow surrounded her, surprising Perseus as rather than the purples, oranges and greens which usually indicate his power, Erimia shined a bright white, the same shade as her coat, making it appear that her fur was shining and expanding to surround her.