Chapter 17

The twin titans were looking better since Perseus' intervention within their fading, yet it was still clear to any observer that they were withering away. Perseus at first had been desperate to reverse their condition but soon grew to accept the scenario as he saw that they were both at peace with what awaited them.

Rather than move on as Perseus had so many times after helping people, he decided to stay and get to know the two before it was too late, and so a friendship was built between the four of them over the month that had passed. Selene had been wooed by the 'adorable fluffy bear' that she referred to Erimia as and the two were often together as she played with Erimia. Perseus' daughter of course knew what was to come having heard of such things in stories that her grandmother and great aunt had told, therefore instead of getting angry at the name and not being seen as the fierce warrior she was, she let go of that side of herself. And so, over the month Erimia had remained in her smallest form and played with Selene whenever she could, the two growing close as Erimia found her first close friend, not regretting having decided to be kind to the Titaness.

Whilst they had been up to this, Perseus had regularly hunted with Helios around the small island they resided on and Perseus was taught some skills regarding his manipulation of his powers connected to both the sun and moon by the elder titan. Despite how much the Titans enjoyed the company, as time drew on, they both grew weaker and were soon trapped within the confines of the cave, lacking the energy to venture outside for any long period of time.

This deterioration in their condition had only made it clearer as to what was to come and had deeply saddened Perseus and his daughter, but whilst the confinement may have kept them from enjoying themselves outside the cave, they were kept entertained as each told stories of their own lives.

Perseus had been surprised to hear that the chariots of the moon and sun were drawn across the skies by themselves with the titans only providing the energy to guide it over its journey, as from what Hestia had told him, the twins were known to ride the celestial bodies across the sky.

In return for the stories and teachings of the pair, as well as the much appreciated company that he could be entirely open with, Perseus had taken to preparing the food for the pair and was ecstatic to hear how the pair loved his cooking, which only fuelled him to try to cook better. Furthermore, he shared with them some of the songs that Callie had forced him to learn during his stay in Tegea after having heard his voice once and saying it was beautiful.

And so, as another month was coming to pass the cave on the small Greek island was filled with the smells of delicious food, the voices of singing and laughter, filled with joy but covering a hidden sadness. The titans had grown weak and could barely sit up without the support of the cave wall and yet neither had felt so at comfortable or at peace before in their immortal lifespan.

As the night was coming to a close and transitioning to the new dawn the sun never lifted over the horizon as the moon fell, bathing the entirety of Greece in darkness that no one knew the cause for. Perseus on the other hand was gently comforting the barely awake titans as Erimia laid on Selene's stomach as she softly stroked the cub's pure white coat. "It will be okay; you will live in paradise within the realm of the faded for eternity and one day I shall join you and we can sing together once again." Perseus said comfortingly, although he was trying to convince himself at the same time, whilst holding back tears at the fading friends that he had made.

"We know Percy" Selene said, having adopted the nickname Antheia had gave him when she had first heard it in one of Perseus' stories, "And we will see you one day but it better be a long way in the future or we'll make sure your paradise is far from peaceful." She spoke in a threatening tone which surprised Perseus given how soft she was talking, but the chuckled along with the others.