Chapter 18

As Perseus finally awoke from his slumber, days had passed with Hestia remaining on the Island, watching over her child and grandchild. Erimia had been unconscious for just under 3 days as her body adjusted to her immortality and newly adopted powers and once awoken, she refused to leave her fathers side other than when she hunted for some meat that she would bring back for Hestia and herself. After her slumber her coat was even whiter than it had been before, whilst previously it had appeared as an almost impossibly pure white, it now left those who saw it in no doubt as to her godly nature, the coat appearing a purer white than anyone could otherwise believe.

Similarly, Perseus hair had darkened further into a black so deep that it appeared to completely absorb any light that hit it. As it had been before, this would likely translate across to his wolfen form and cause him to appear even more deadly than he had before. Unlike to his daughter, it had taken Perseus a little over 8 days for his body to adjust and when he opened his eyes, his hair was revealed to have not been the only change.

Perseus' eyes had adopted an even more vibrant, yet deep, purple colour whilst the flecks of orange seemed to burn with the light of his power, contrasting brilliantly against the swirling purple. As he sat up on the edge of his bed his altered figure also became more apparent as any slight flaw within his body was corrected, his shoulders having broadened slightly and his muscles filling out to be in a perfect condition, giving him a powerful appearance without appearing bulky, attesting to both his inhuman agility and godly strength.

As he rose from his slumber, he was immediately able to tell how long had passed as he felt his now entirely natural connection to his domains, specifically those regarding the passage of day and night. As acknowledged his surroundings he found a deep maroon shirt with a golden threads in a vine like designs weaving along the edging and threw it over his head finding it to fit him perfectly. As he closed his eyes for a moment he felt the power within himself as he never had before, previously it had been like a calm ocean that he could pull from, whereas now it was like a raging energy that coursed through his entire body, yet he felt calm and peaceful as if it completed him and connected him to his true self.

Pushing away these feelings and thoughts, he opened his eyes and surveyed the cabin, looking around as he noticed that someone had obviously occupied it recently given the plates lying on the table and half completed clothing that had been laid on one of the benches that he had built for his forging. As he lost the haziness that had accompanied himself since waking, he properly realised where he was and panic filled him at the thought of being trapped here, locked away from his family. This panic though was quick to subside as he felt for the barrier that had entrapped him within the island for so long and found that the power was fading and collapsing as it had seemed that the power he had used to break through it when he came back without using the hearth had destroyed its integrity. This only furthered his confusion as to why he had the power to break through such a barrier in his own exhaustion when his mother hadn't been able to herself.

It was then that he felt a strong connection to the island itself, it was beyond the pull that he felt joining him to nature as it always had and now did even stronger. It was then that he realised that it must be a result of the island being his birthplace and now as a true god he had gained power over it more completely, alike to how the place where Ouranos and Gaea had first met maintaining effects of their interaction still, centuries later.

Groaning as he rose to his feet, Perseus had only managed a step before the door burst open. His mother was soon tackling him in an embrace as he almost toppled over, returning the hug himself, overjoyed to see his mother again. The peaceful moment was then interrupted as the pair were knocked over by the small bundle of white fur that was Erimia in her smallest form as she cuddled into her father and grandmothers embrace. The goddess and her newly instated godly child chuckled slightly before bursting into joyous laughter as they celebrated their reuniting.