Chapter 6

Time skip 6 years

It has been 6 years since finishing the forge and almost everyday since Perseus and Hestia had spent all their time together apart from a few days and the nights. After months of working Perseus had finally created his first dagger, which was admittedly poorly made although that didn't discourage him as he went on to craft many more weapons and after a few years he began making trinket as he became more skilled. Over the years Hestia had spent a lot of time trying to figure out a way to break the curse of the island and allow Perseus to leave, although he had never mentioned it as she was with him for so long it was hard to not see that he wished to travel outside of his confines.

Over the years of learning to forge and craft more and more things, Perseus also continued to train himself and had become an expert in his powers over fire and summoning of food although he often hunted for his food and cooked it with Hestia as that is what he enjoyed doing. Perseus had also continued to train and hadn't missed a shot from his bow for many years, he also became faster and more skilled with his dagger to the point that the few monsters, mostly cyclopes that found their way onto the island he defeated faster then they could acknowledge his presence. He also became more skilled with the swords he wielded but had not yet crafted one that had the perfect balance for him.

Today was an exciting day for Perseus as for the last year he had been working on crafting a specific thing and only now after many attempts he was almost done. Getting what he needed for the item took great effort as he had to continue his mine for kilometres in order to find the perfect resources, he had done many practices using similar but much more available resources that had taken him a long time to get right then he had started the actual thing taking his utmost care to make everything perfect and taking a long time with each and every part. Finally, he attached the large perfectly cut ruby into the diamond shaped edging that was a band of white gold encrusted in many perfectly cut diamonds which was then threaded through the silver and gold woven chain that looks like entwined vines. Perseus picked up the necklace and carefully placed it in the plush velvet case he had crafted in a deep blue colour.

Perseus wanted to use the skills that Hestia helped him learn to create something for her and had wanted it to be perfect, he had this idea when he first started working on more intricate metal work and making things other than weapons. The sun was just coming over the horizon as Perseus walked out of the building into the early morning rays as they broke through the trees and he felt his energy return to him. He had worked on this project at nights only to make sure Hestia wouldn't know and now was excited and planned to give it to her after dinner tonight.

As Perseus returned from hunting breakfast and returned to the cabin, he found Hestia inside already setting up the proper pans he made over the fire to cook with. The two prepared the rabbits he had caught for breakfast and enjoyed the meal together like they had for many years past.

The day was spent with the two wandering around the island as Hestia told Perseus more stories of the outside world and taught him more about both the godly and mortal world. Perseus was always interested in finding out new things so he always enjoyed when Hestia would tell him about the outside world.

It came around to late evening very fast for the pair as the time had become lost in their conversation, so they returned to the forge and got to preparing the leftover deer he had from yesterday that he hadn't gotten rid of for dinner. The two ate the delicious meal together and were soon done and back to talking as if they had never stopped.

"Hestia, there's something I have for you."

"What is it nephew?" Hestia responded.

"I wanted to thank you for all that you have on for me over the past few years. You gave me a Family which is all I could have ever asked for, so thank you."