Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Word had travelled across Greece rapidly as could be expected when Perseus and Erimia travelled from town to town aiding the ill and protecting the defenceless. Not only had Perseus further developed his own name as the protector of mortals through his deeds, Erimia also became feared for her ferocity in dealing with those they found attacking others who weren't capable of defending themselves. Despite this fear, she was also seen as a creature sent from the heavens by the gods themselves to accompany the healer throughout Greece.

Unfortunately, along with this fear came the attention of the egotistical and arrogant who would do anything to bolster their reputation and status through having hunted the revered animal. Perseus was obviously unsettled by this sort of attention being brought upon his daughter but knew that she could handle herself, regardless of what mortal stood in her way.

They had been travelling through Greece for over a year now aiding those they could, and Perseus had continued to regularly train Erimia and she had grown to have better control of her powers to manipulate nature around her as well as control water and fire to a limited extent. Coupled with her experience from the battles they almost regularly found themselves in, whether it be with monsters or foul mortals, she now held an intimidating level of skill and strength.

Currently the pair were on a large island near to the Greek mainland known as Kefalonia where there was said to be a plague passing through that had already been the demise of many of the weaker portions of the population and could potentially spread throughout Greece. Perseus and Erimia had been fortunate enough to have remained out of the Gods radar given many of the royals they watched disliked them for the attention they 'stole' from the 'real heroes' as they call themselves, as well as the gods continuing fascination with the brute Heracles who was completing trials for Hera, as he was told by his mother. Despite this they still tried their best to go unnoticed when travelling further avoiding the gods ability to track them by leaving little to trace in their careful movements.

After hearing of the plague from some of the people down in the docks of a small town that regularly did business with Kefalonia, the two were quick to stow themselves away in a vessel headed there, Erimia conveniently being able to reduce her own size similarly to how Perseus can.

Huddled together in the cargo beneath the deck of the old ship they were aboard, the small pitch-black wolf and pure white bear went unspotted by the bustling crew rowing through the night towards their destination.

Regardless of his connection to the sea, Perseus was still fearful of whether or not his father would find out about his presence. This concern was not born out of the threat to himself as if it came to it Perseus would be glad to fight his father and harm him for the pain, he's caused Perseus' own family, his true family that is. No, this fear was born from the harm that could be brought upon those he truly cared for most, being his mothers, both from birth and adoption, and his daughter.

Perseus still longed to be reunited with Aphrodite, his mother whom which he knew, from the single gaze and warm touch that he remembers of her, truly loved him and was the first to ever do so. Though he knew to bide his time and had complete faith that Hestia would tell him as soon as it would be safe for him to see her again without the risk of his presence being discovered and riling up the easily agitated Gods.

It therefore was a great relief to Perseus when they made it to the docks of Kefalonia, their destination, and he was able to quickly make the short transportation onto the beaches nearby with his daughter through use of vapour travel. Whilst he didn't wish to teleport long distances through the use of his power as he wasn't certain that he could mask the burst of power that it released, from drawing attention, he was confident enough to mask smaller bursts that allowed them to avoid the unwanted attention of prying mortals.