Chapter 2

As Perseus sat starring into the flames, he thought of the life spoken to him by the animals around the island, how people lived with their families happily and found people to love and live with if they are lucky. Such a life is only in his dreams as he is cursed to be bound to the island, every escape he's attempted has been thwarted by the seas or storms.

As he thought 0f the loneliness his life beheld, how he'd never be able to meet one like him tears welled up in his eyes and slipped down his cheeks, he may be strong and courageous usually, but the thought of his imprisonment was a wound that ran deep in him. He was sure it was the doing of his father and that his father hated him from the memories of his rage filled eyes, but Perseus wished to see his mother who he knew held love for him from his memory of her eyes.

Wiping away the tears Perseus was about to get up to go to the blanket he used for a bed that he made himself but was stopped by the heating of his fire. The flames leapt from the fire to a spot next to him forming the shape of a woman. As the flames dispersed a beautiful and kind looking woman was revealed who was smiling at him warmly, but the sadness and pity were clear in her eyes.

"W-who a-are you?" Perseus inquired, trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"I am Hestia my dear, I felt the sadness from you yearning for family through the hearth strongly, please I only wish to take away your pain, tell me what ails you young one." The now named Hestia responded.

Perseus didn't know what it was about the woman but he found himself trusting her completely so as a result he decide to confess all that brought him the sadness he felt, how he was cast away from parents he never knew, how he speaks to the animals and they tell him he is a strange god who ages slowly compared to the tales, how he yearns for human or godly company and a family as a result.

Hestia simply sat listening to the young boy that was confessing his entire life to her and she couldn't help but have tears well up in her eyes as she felt deep sadness for the boy before her, this was coupled with the raged that formed within her wishing for the punishment of whoever the boy's parents were. Regardless of their godhood his parents would suffer for abandoning such a kind and nice boy at such a young age that it is miraculous he is still alive.

Hestia was surprised as the boy spoke of his mother with love and seemed to understand the situation more for what it is, this boy's father had taken him from his wife and cast him away to die. The boy described his parent's eyes and Hestia begun to form a strong idea for how they were but needed to make sure.

"You do have powers do you not my child? What powers do you have, if you don't mind me asking?" Hestia questioned.

Percy then described all his powers not leaving out anything as he hoped if he was honest this person may care enough to stay with him at least for a little while longer.

Upon his answer Hestia became even more sure of who his parents were, her raged became directed towards her brother, Poseidon at what she believes he's done, having already had distrust for him given the feelings she could see of his through the hearth. Her only true brother was ever Hades who took the time to care and for that they were very close as brother and sister and was one of her only true friends. Furthermore, the boy's powers told her more as she confirmed his mother was Aphrodite, she had always wondered why Aphrodite was always so sad and never seemed to truly care for anyone she was ever with like she just wished to drown a deep sorrow. You see not always but most often the domains of a godling usually represent that of their parents to an extent but not always, plus their level of power is also usually related to who their parents are and the boy before her seems to hold great power even for a grown god let alone a growing godling.

Upon hearing his story Hestia had already made up her mind that was trying to find a way to help the child she found herself growing to care for as a mother to a son. The son soon finished explaining about how he has lived his life including him training himself in all areas of his life and how monsters use to regularly come after him.

"I am so sorry for what has happened to you Perseus." Hestia spoke tearfully, "I want you to know that I care for you and you're not alone, if you'll have me, I would like to visit more often and become your friend. I wish to take you away from this cursed island but bringing down the barrier would bring too much attention and the way I came and can go can't take you as well."

"That's okay, I think that the world has granted me a gift as a friend is all I have wished for, for a very long time Miss Hestia."

Hestia laughed joyfully despite her eyes tearing up as she moved and hugged the boy tightly, at first Perseus stiffened before relaxing into the embrace as he reciprocated it.

"Well I best introduce myself properly then" Hestia said and so she did, telling him who she was exactly, first child of Kronos, eldest Olympian, Goddess of the hearth and home. She then proceeded to tell him who she thought his parents were and as such, how she is his aunt.

Percy quickly dropped to a knee in a bow and lowered his head as the animals used to imitate a long while ago before he made them stop which he said was what you are supposed to do before your gods. "Milady I am so sorry for my disrespect I didn't realise who you were please forgive me."

Hestia placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled warmly as he looked up, "Please don't do that I have no wish for you, my family, to bow before me."

Perseus smiled in response, coming to like his friend more by the minute, then he returned to what he was thinking of as she told him about her and Olympus and his parents. "So, my dad is the god of the sea and storms and he cast me away because of who my mother is? But is it true, does my mother really love me?" he asked hopefully staring up at the thirty or so year old goddess next to him.

"Yes, your father is that man but what he did was disgusting and woeful, do not care for what he thinks of you he is not worth your thought and when the time comes, and it will come I'll make sure he gets what he has coming for doing this to you. Also, yes, I do strongly believe your mother loves you, very much. I'll try to find a way to tell her of your survival, which I don't think she is aware of, but I mustn't draw too much attention as it could place you in danger which I don't want"

With a grin nearly splitting his face Perseus leapt at Hestia and crushed her in a super tight hug, letting her go Perseus looked up at her and said, "Thank you aunt Hestia so much. Can I call you that?"

"Of course, my dear I would love that" Hestia said feeling great love for the boy she would treat as her own son sitting before her.

"Now do get some rest young one, I have some things I must take care of on Olympus, but I'll return in the morning and hopefully I can find a way to stay with you for longer without other finding out. Kissing Perseus on the forehead as he lay down on his blanket that he wrapped around himself Hestia spoke one last sentence before fire teleporting back to Olympus, "Rest well my boy, I love you." As she left, she heard him mumble as he drifted off to sleep and she believed he said, "love you too auntie." Which brought a large smile to her face and made her believe a bright future was ahead of both of them.