Chapter 8

After the sun had finished rising Perseus ventured back to his home, collecting all the supplies he was bringing with him. He had a collection of clothes, including the black trousers and shirt he was wearing which were designed to be flexible and sturdy enough for battle, his crimson red cloak, his leather bag slung across his back along with his bow crossing the other way with the string over his chest. He had his books in the bag along with two short daggers, one silver and the other bronze, he also had a long double ended spear in the form of a short staff in the bag and lastly some of the produce and other foods he had farmed and preserved.

As he walked out from the house, he had a feeling that Hestia was coming soon and was both excited to see her and nervous to see the outside world for the first time first-hand. Checking himself over Perseus made sure that he had everything he would need and after a third check he finally stopped and looked up at the fire that hadn't gone out in all this time outside the front of his home. As he watched the flames they suddenly grew, and the warmth of the flames spread throughout the surrounding area comfortingly as the flames leapt from their place and formed the familiar figure of his mom.

As the flames subsided the two raced to each other embracing each other, their tight grips expressing the emotions that neither wished to put into words as they let go of the sorrow from their separation. As they broke apart the two observed the other, looking over one another for injuries or any signs of unwellness, upon the observations completion the two re-embraced one another just as tightly.

"Are you ready to come with me?" Hestia questioned, her eyes full to the brim with joy and glistening with unshed tears. Rather than responding Perseus simply nodded his head and grasped Hestia's offered hand. Upon contact the two were drawn into the fire in a flash of flames and re-emerged in a similar fashion within a large yet cosy feeling room that was lavished with the most expensive objects from all over Greece.

"Welcome home son." Hestia said with a large smile adorning her face.

Perseus explored the room and the object within it in awe, turning around he saw Hestia observing him with joy as she saw him take in her home. As Perseus looked at her he noticed her twirling the necklace he made her in her hand, "You still wear it?" Perseus inquired, not having expected her to, given all the amazing things she seemed to own.

"Of course, I do, I love it. Even Aphrodite was jealous wanting to know where I got such a beautiful necklace." Hestia responded with a bright smile. Perseus realised as she said this that they were probably on Olympus meaning his mother would be nearby.

Hestia, realising what she said and figuring out what Perseus was thinking was quick to respond, "I'm sorry my child but you cannot meet your mother again yet, Olympus has been going through a lot recently with Heracles, a stupid and arrogant son of Zeus that is a big deal, Zeus' ego has grown with this and if someone were to threaten his glory he wouldn't hesitate to strike you down.

"It's not a problem, if this demigod is strong enough to get the awe of Olympus then I'm probably no threat to his glory."

Hestia chuckled at Perseus' modesty, "You do not understand how truly skilled you are dear, with your control over your plentiful powers and expertise with your weaponry you could very likely stand up against one of the big three. You threaten Heracles' fame with your appearance, but I fear if Zeus found out your skill and power, he himself would feel threatened. Zeus is not the king we wanted him to be, it has been such a short time and he is already following in my father's footsteps." Hestia spoke the last part with her voiced laced with worry.

Perseus walked up and put his hand on Hestia's shoulder speaking reassuringly, "It's ok, I understand, and I'll be careful, you don't need to worry." Hestia brought him into another tight embrace in response.