Chapter VII: "SOMEONE"

"Yen, I think it's getting late." I heard Reef said and because of that, I looked to check my watch.

"It's already thirteen minutes passed six." I said and I stood from where I was seated and went to see if my cousin and auntie have not gone home yet.

The moment I made my way to see, Reef just sat on where he was.

"Boo!" Rose appeared before me the time I peeked from the seawall that I twitched in surprise.

"Time to go." She added and peeked from behind to see Reef.

I have told my family about Reef yesterday and they didn't say anything wrong of me meeting him.

"OK. Let's go!" I persuaded Rose and dared pushed her away while I looked back to Reef.

"Bye, Reef. See ya tomorrow!" I shouted and I saw him reply with a wave of his hand still facing the sea.

"Why can't I get to meet him?" Rose importuned to see Reef but I pushed her to go home already since auntie is also waiting.

"Maybe some other time, Rose?" I stated.

I glanced back once more to Reef and saw him looked up the sky before we headed our way going back home.

•...•...•...•...•

"Why are we buying two cups of chocolate shake?" Rose asked me as I paid the lady in the store.

"For someone." I replied.

Reef has taught me well yesterday and I learned very well what he has taught me.

This afternoon, I'm on my way to the seashore again and to have a lesson about Hinduism with my new friend and teacher, Reef Stock.

"Why do you ask me to come, anyway?" Rose asked as we walk towards the seawall.

"Because mom asked me to take you with me if I'm going to meet Reef, again?" I replied and Rose continued tapping on her phone seemingly chatting someone.

"Fine. Why don't you just invite him at home?" Rose stated.

"Hey, Reef!" I called out ignoring what Rose has said and ran my way up the stairway of the seawall after seeing him sitting at the edge with his guitar.

I sat beside him and took out my notes.

"Ready for today's lesson?" He asked. "I mean, we will only continue."

Rose sat at my other side and Reef felt her presence.

"Company?" He asked.

"Someone." I replied and Rose averted her sight from her phone to Reef's direction.

"Who's this someone? Your friend?" Reef asked being curious and he laid his guitar on his side.

"My cousin. Meet Rose. This is Reef." I said and both of them extended their arms to do a handshake.

"Nice to meet you." Reef said and Rose replied with, "Same to you."

"I'll go to the other side of the seawall to give you two your teacher-student lesson time." Rose said and went her way leaving me and Reef sitting on the seawall.

"So? You ready for the continuation of the lesson?" Reef finally asked to begin.

I replied with a nod and after a few seconds, he sensed my reply and he spoke.

"Today, let's talk about the term Dharma." Reef began and I wrote the word on my notebook.

"Dharma is the code of life in Hinduism." Reef said. "It is described as moral law, righteousness, individual duty, and right conduct."