Chapter X: "HIS SOMEONE"

In the afternoon, I myself went to the sea again with the still burning hope ignited inside me. I have sat down on the edge of the seawall and watched the horizon extending before me.

There's still no Reef. Where in the world could he have been?

I am looking up the blue sky with my arms stretched on the edge of the seawall.

"Where are you, Reef?" I muttered.

"You know him?" I heard a voice uttered from behind me and his speaking brought chills down my spine.

I kept silent and pretended that I didn't hear anything. Just then I twitched from where I was seated and lost my balance after I felt someone tapped my back. I unknowingly lost my grip on the edge of the seawall and slid to an accidental fall.

Luckily, someone grabbed hold of my arm the moment I fell off the edge and I was able to regain myself. I used my other arm and climbed back up the seawall again with the help of the saving hand of the person who is before me.

"Thanks." I stated and stood up brushing off the few dirt on my uniform's skirt.

"Pardon me. Are you hurt?" The concerned tone of his voice echoed in my ears as I slowly lift my head to behold his face.

"Who are you?" I inquired letting go of the stranger's hand that held mine.

"Sorry to scare you like that." He said as he shyly rubbed off his other arm with his hand.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. I'm alright." I replied and averted my gaze from him.

"Hey. I really apologize for scaring you like that. My mistake. But..." I cut off his statement with my reply.

"No. It's because I'm just clumsy sometimes. Don't blame yourself." I stated and nodded my head in embarrassment.

"I only wanted to ask you one thing that's why I tried to get your attention by tapping onto your back." He said and I looked to him being curious of what he wants.

He was wearing a black jacket and a black shirt with his properly combed hair.

"Yes?" I uttered as I comprehended what he said.

"Are you Yen?" I was flustered by the question I have heard from him and it made me stare at him questioningly.

It took me about a few moments until I nodded in reply. A delighted smile engulfed his face after my answer.

"I'm Fir Stock." He said that I was taken back by his sudden introduction.

"Fir Stock? As in Reef Stock?" I asked in a surprised tone.

"Yes. Reef is my brother. I'm glad to have found you at last, Yen." He said and he invited me to sat down on the edge of the seawall.

"Wait. You're Reef's brother?" I was confounded and I didn't sat down right after him for I was still in confusion.

"So what happened to Reef?" I asked the moment I have seated down.

"He's...." Fir stated as if having trouble and doubts to utter what he is about to convey.

"Yen, Reef has been in an accident." Fir finally stated that shocked my whole being.

"What?!" I was storming with questions and disbelief inside me.

"I'm sorry, Yen." Fir stated with a low tone of his voice.

"Wait. You said he has been in an accident. Why say sorry?" I uttered and I could feel my face showing hesitation and confusion.