Chapter XV: "BEHIND THE WHYs AND HOWs"

"You really need to give deep explanations to me, Heather." I said and sat down the tree trunk.

We are currently here at the mango tree. Heather has suggested us to talk here about him and Reef. And so, we have climbed up the trunk and sat together here.

He even brought some marshmallows with him. He really haven't changed a part of him.

"Why, Heat? And how?" I inquired.

"So? I'll start from the beginning?" He inquired after he has seated comfortably on his place.

"Please do." I replied.

"Ten years ago, the day before I left our country to go and study in Germany....." He began.

•~•~•

Heather's POV:

"Heather! You're really going tomorrow?"  Ali was running towards me as I came out of the gate of our house.

"Mom said that you'll be going to another country. Why are you going?" Ali inquired displaying an expression of sadness and disbelief.

"I'm sorry, Ali. I didn't know it will be tomorrow. Dad has just told me about it last night." I replied trying to keep her from crying.

"Will you come back?" I heard her asked.

"Come, Ali. I'll treat you marshmallows and we'll play under the mango tree." I told her and she rubbed off a tear willingly escaping from her eyes.

We played under the mango tree and I walked her to her home after.

"Don't forget. Just remember, Ali." I told her after she went inside their gate.

"You'll come back, right?" I heard her asked confirmingly.

"I promise. After ten years, I will come back. It's what dad said." I told her. "Are you hurt?!"

I rushed inside the gate and helped her up. She was walking backwards thus she tripped upon a rock. Luckily, she didn't fell all the way.

She only gave me a reassuring nod then she raised her left palm open before me. I brought my right open palm in touch with hers and that's when I saw her strained smile.

"Then I'll be going now, Ali." I said and turned about.

The moment I turned around, I was halted from continuing to walk onwards. I turned myself back to Ali and embraced her that she even twitched on her place.

After that, I let go of her and run my way to our house located at the other street.

The next day went by quickly. I have only found out that I'm already in the plane beside my mom who is sitting next to my dad. I am sitting just beside the window of the plane looking outside in deep thoughts.

"Mom, why do I have to study in Germany?" I inquired my mom who is at the same time busy with her phone.

"Sorry, Heat. It's necessary. You'll know why there's a need for you to do this when the time comes." Is what mom replied to me letting me be silent on my seat.

As a stranger in a foreign country, I did have a hard time adjusting with the neighborhood, the teachers, my classmates, and everything else.

Everything around me was new and it wasn't so easy to fit in. But it was good enough that I met a dear friend who later became my best friend. I met him two years after I have moved to Germany.

And yes... He is Reef Siniel. He and his mom and dad has just recently moved in the neighborhood and we have also ended up in the same school.

Reef and I often times hang out and he was one of the best buds one could ever have. He and I became better acquainted through music since he likes to play a guitar and I, on the other hand, have been attending music lessons just after we lived in Germany.