Chapter IX: "LETTER"

It's been three weeks that has passed since I started learning from Reef. The last time I went to the sea, I didn't saw Reef. Then someone came in front of me unknowingly.

*'*'*'*

"Caught in the act!" He shouted and pointed his finger to my nose that my eyes crossed and focused on the tip of the finger which was just a few inches from the tip of my nose.

"You're looking for someone?" Yohan asked and brought his finger down.

I then saw Alex, Chela, Jaila, Shard, and Lian.

"We heard you're having a personal teacher here at the seashore every afternoon. Mind letting us meet him?" Chela said.

"Rose told us about him. Reef is his name, right?" Jaila asked and sat on the seawall.

"Yeah. But guys, I don't see him here today." I replied putting a disappointed expression on my face.

I didn't know why he didn't show up today but he could have told me then. Actually, our teaching lessons were done the time I finished with my projects but I have come back here several times even though we are done with the teacher-student interaction.

"Missing your Sir?" Alex asked curiously at me and she was eyeing me.

I only nodded and they led me to walk our way going home. Some of them rode onto the motorcycles and went behind us who are walking.

"Ali, do you like him?" I was taken back by Yohan's question and I looked to him.

"A-yieeeh!" Lian teased me and poked my waist that made me twitched my side as we are walking our way home.

"How can you say that? We have only became friends for a few weeks." I said trying to hide my embarrassment.

"You actually changed since you met him. And you stopped worrying and get depressed over your lost necklace." Alex said and clapped her hand.

"Your performance in World Religions  have also became better." Chela even added.

*'*'*'*

"Ali, it's been three weeks since you have met Reef. Have you talked to him again?" Azalea asked me and I looked to her for she has interrupted my recollection moment.

We are eating our lunch here in the room together with my classmates. And by this time, my classmates know about my new friend Reef already.

"Not yet. I actually haven't seen him anymore since the day Yohan and the others saw me at the sea alone. Reef never showed up anymore." I replied putting a sad expression on my face.

"Oh. Hm." Azalea muttered and thought.

"Ali, you seem to have a problem more than missing him. Is there something wrong?" Azalea stated putting her gaze back to me.

I, on the other, was puzzled to hear such a statement from her. Azalea was still staring at me in deep curiosity.

"It's just weird, Azalea. I have kept wondering why Reef suddenly didn't show up anymore." I finally uttered and brought my head to lean on my entwined arms on my armchair.

"You really have not seen him anymore? What was the last thing he said to you?" Azalea asked and continued eating her food.

"Uhmm..." I muttered to myself.

"So you really missed him?" I heard Dandelion asked from behind as she and Prim were eating their lunch as well overhearing our conversation.

I didn't give a reply but only remained silent.