Chapter XIII: "MARSHMALLOW"

"That was so romantic!" Rose exclaimed and sat beside me that I lifted my eyebrow at her.

I covered Rose's mouth for she is about to say something more. I eyed her once and she behaved herself.

I felt a hidden embarrassment since Fir was in a curious stare unto me and Rose.

"Sorry Fir." I only stated and stood.

"Please meet my cousin, Rose. This is Fir Stock." I said and they both exchanged smiles as their greetings.

"Uhm. We'll be going now, Fir. It's nice meeting you again." I said and pulled Rose out of the cottage.

"He's Fir Stock?!" Rose was in great astonishment after her whisper to my ear as we head out of the cottage and she was suppressing my arm.

"Yeah?" I answered and Rose looked back at the cottage overseeing Fir who was looking at us at the same time.

"We will really be going now. See you some other times!" I exclaimed and forcefully dragged Rose away.

*'*'*'*

"What are you doing, Ali?" Rose inquired as we head out of the gate of the park.

"You should have talked to him longer. I thought you wanted to ask him? Have you already did?" She added but another question.

"Nope. I wasn't able to." I only replied.

"Then you should have!" I heard Rose muttered.

"Have you met him on purpose? And he sang you a song? What if...?" Rose was kept from speaking more for I heard my name being called from behind us.

"Yen! Wait!" I turned myself about and and caught sight of Fir running towards me and Rose.

He reached us panting a bit and handed me a handkerchief.

"My hankie!" I took the handkerchief from him and smiled with shyness.

"Thanks." I added and I recognized him smiled shortly.

"Yeah." He replied and stepped a few steps backwards before turning around and went his way back.

"Great. He sang you a song and now returned your handkerchief." Rose murmured again beside me.

"Hm. Why does it feel like it is a big deal for you?" I inquired and continued our way.

"Nothing much. I just feel so curious about the guy. You should have asked him if he's Heather. Then your questions are already supposed to be answered." Rose said.

"It's not that easy to do. Rose, we have only met twice. I don't even know him that much. And it's not that likely to happen so fast. Besides, I have only met him by chance." I said.

"And Reef too? By chance? Do you even realize how chances are meant to be given to us for quite several reasons? And those chances are chances. We can't just throw it away." Rose stared at me and patted my shoulder.

We continued our way until we reached the mall and began our planned shopping for the day.

"Next time you meet Fir, you talk to him and ask him his real name and more about Reef if you want to." Rose stated.

We have just entered the supermarket and we are currently pulling the cart deciding which to buy.

"Chances, Huh?" I murmured to myself.

Then is losing the necklace by chance as well? Meeting Reef was a chance as well? Wasn't it coincidence?

How about losing Reef? Was it a chance as well? Or was it karma? I don't get it.