Chapter 15 - Circuit

I woke up to Skye asleep in my arms, better than last time she stayed over and I thought she had fallen and hurt herself. I take my time to lie back and study her features, I'm so lucky to have some one so beautiful by my side, her long flowing hair, her soft pale skin and under those long black eyelashes are beautiful green eyes, that remind me of the leaves that cover the trees in the woods where I took her on our first date. I slowly disentangle our bodies so not to disturb her and climb from the bed, watching her sleep as I get dressed.

I open the door to find her chair sitting in the hall, I've ordered the prospects to bring it up every time they see it so she doesn't have to ask for help. I know she would kick my ass if she found out, I love how independent she is despite what she's been through. I put her chair beside her and leave a note telling her to text me when she wakes before heading down to my office.

I need to find out who those two assholes were at the club last night, no one will hassle my girl and get away with it. I know Skye knew them and she didn't want to tell me what was going on, but I need to find out if she's going to be in danger so I can protect her. I sit at my computer and pull up the cameras from Scars. I find the two assholes and begin running their picture through my facial rec program, it covers many things including national police databases, the FBI and the CIA.

"Morning Circuit" Cordelia asks as she enters my office

"Listen Killer and I were talking and there's an empty room downstairs, I wondered if it would be better for you and Skye?" She asks leaning in the doorway

"But the only empty room was Killers dads and he hasn't touched it since he died." No one has even been in there, I bet Thrashers stuff is still in there.

"Yeah, I know but I figure it's only a matter of time before you make her an old lady because you two are too cute, so it would make more sense to have a room she can take herself to instead of having to be carried every time." She replies

"Thanks, I'll think about it."

"No rush, but we all like Skye, I think she'll be a good part of the family." She says before heading off towards Killers office. It's true, I know we've only been talking a few months and we only met a couple of weeks ago, but part of me had thought what Skye would look like in my property vest, my name written on her skin, but I don't want to rush Skye into anything despite the fact I'm falling for her pretty hard.

My computer rings the sound of success and I curse as I see two faces on my screen. Dominic and Damien Kearney, several previous arrests for drug, fighting and robbery offences. Why were they talking to Skye last night?

It doesn't take me long to find the answer to that question, their brother Daniel Kearney, Skye's ex.

Skye: I'm offended you weren't in bed to molest when I woke up

My cell buzzes with a message from Skye and I laugh as I close my computer and reply

Circuit: stay naked I'll be right there

I head up to my room and open the door to find her sprawled on my bed, naked as I left her, her eyes burning with lust.

"I thought clothes were illegal." She smirks as I close the door behind me.

After round two and three I reluctantly took Skye home.

"Killer, you got a minute?" I ask as I step inside his office

"Sure what's up?" He says as he motions for me to sit

"Two guys were hassling Skye at the club last night, she wouldn't tell me what they said but I checked them out and they're her ex's brothers. I wanted to talk to you first but I don't trust them and I want a prospect watching over her when I'm not around."

"Why do you think they're a threat?" He questions. I doubt Skye would be too happy with me laying out her past but I know what I tell Killer won't leave this office so I lay it out for him about how her ex died

"And when I got to her I heard one of them say 'remember what we said' I would just be happier knowing she had help if anything happened."

"Alright I get it, call the prospects and we'll bring them in on this, but club business comes first over watching your girl, she's not an old lady, if I need them I won't hesitate to pull them off her tail." He finishes before I head back to my office.

StarrySkye: if eating a happy meal doesn't make you happy can you sue McDonalds?

CircuitBreakerOneNine: You really do think about some weird shit.

StarrySkye: and that is why you like me dude

CircuitBreakerOneNine: I'm sorry are you listening to The Jonas brothers?

StarrySkye: Maybe.

CircuitBreakerOneNine: Your taste in music is the weirdest thing I've ever seen

StarrySkye: Hey, I cant help it if Nick Jonas was my first love, before I discovered my desire for hot guys with leather and motorcycles

CircuitBreakerOneNine: Glad to know I do it for you babe

StarrySkye: I'm a sucker for you. Now stop judging my music taste, we both have work to do, my assignment is due tomorrow.

CircuitBreakerOneNine: Yes Ma'am.

My day carried on as every other day, working in the garage and messaging with Skye, but now I'm up in my room getting ready for bed I hate that she isn't here,

Circuit: You've ruined my bed, it's not the same without you in it.

I send her a text as I climb into bed and within seconds my cell buzzes with her response

Skye: Well you've ruined my bed because I want to be in yours instead.

Circuit: How about I pick you up tomorrow and we go to the beach? I could tick another thing off your list and I want to see you again

Skye:

Skye: Yes please I kinda miss your face already

Circuit: I'll see you tomorrow beautiful, good night xx

Skye: Night hot ass biker xx

I lie back and drift off to sleep imagining her lying beside me.