Chapter 20 - Skye

I tilt my head back and feel the warmth of the sun on my face, the hot breeze of another scorching summer whips through my long hair as it trails behind me, the familiar rumble of a powerful engine in my ears and I smile at the sound I fell in love with. I run my fingers over his strong powerful shoulders and around his neck, just to tickle my fingers with the chest hair poking out the top of his shirt. My hands move back across his shoulders again to head down his back before wrapping my arms around his waist, my hands pressed against his rock hard abs through the thin black t-shirt he wears

"Havin' fun babe?" He laughs over the loud roar, the sound of his deep voice even more melodic to me than his engine

"You know it my love." I reply as I rest my head against him for a moment, taking my time to soak up his warmth against my torso and thighs.

I finally open my eyes and look around at the trees either side of the long winding road as they block out the sun, causing it to flicker like a flame through the gaps in their foliage.

He takes his hand off the handlebars of his 2010 Dyna Wide Glide Harley with blue flames painted on the tank, his favorite color. His free hand comes to rest on my bare knee and he strokes along my soft skin with his rough fingers.

We travel through the woods following the winding roads for what feels like a lifetime and I wouldn't want anything different. I throw my arms out in the air and holler as he pulls back the throttle and speeds up for the final stretch of our journey. I've only been here a couple of times but I know it's his favorite place to be, if he ever goes missing this is where I'll find him

Night has fallen and we lay naked, entangled between two blankets, my leg wrapped over his, by a small fire lying back and gazing at the stars. We lie in a small opening of the trees where once stood a cabin, long burned down so only the charred foundations remain.

"One day I'm going to build us a house up here." He says as he hovers above me

"Just the three of us, miles away from anyone." He says as she strokes my stomach. I take a moment to study his handsome face, if there's one thing he is it's hairy. Blond hair covers his arms, chest and stomach and I remember all the nights his chest hair tickled my face as I lay sleeping on him. Returning to his face I stroke his dirty blonde beard, that he always had trimmed to perfection and was surprisingly soft against my face when we kiss. His full pink lips that always tasted of mint and cigarettes. His nose, once perfectly straight now has a bump where it was broken in a bar fight, but it's still perfect to me. Then his brown eyes, more like tigers eye than brown with gold reflecting in them as they shine with the light from the fire. I hold his face in both of my hands and stroke the soft skin

"I love you so much." I say as I pull him to me for a soft, lingering kiss

"I love you, I know I've done a lot of bad shit, but you're my everything Skye." He says as he pulls my body against his

"You're a good man, who just lost his way." I assure him

"The only heaven I'll be sent to is when I'm here, alone with you."

"Danny" I gasp as I sit up in bed. I look around at the dark room and find Circuit asleep beside me. Wetness drips from my face onto Circuits shirt that I sleep in and I realise I'm crying.

I haven't dreamt of Danny since I started seeing Circuit, I used to dream of him every night, sometimes good dreams like this one, other times I would see him die over and over again, sometimes it would be reliving a memory of our time together and other times my brain would make up a future for us, if he hadn't died and I wasn't in a chair. I would never sleep a full night because of Danny in my dreams.

"Skye?" Circuit questions as he sits up beside me

"Are you crying?" He asks as he swipes his thumb over my cheek

"I'm fine, just a dream." I let out a half hearted chuckle as Circuit pulls me against his chest.

"I got you." He says as we lay down, my head on his chest as he strokes my hair. I listen as Circuits breathing evens out and he falls back to sleep, should I tell him I think I know where Danny's brothers are? What are his club going to do when they find them? I don't want anyone else to get hurt or even get killed.

I had forgotten about the place in the woods Danny dreamed of making home one day, we only went there a couple of times before the accident. He always dreamed of a better life for him and his brothers, to stop the drugs and the stealing and live a simple life, I made fun of him for watching too many episodes of Mountain Men, but I get it now.

I gently remove Circuits arm from around me and turn over to grab my laptop from the nightstand. I sit up against the headboard and open up my laptop. I hope Circuit hasn't cut off my access to his computer.

I access Circuits computer and can't help but smile when I see a picture of us, the day he took me to the beach. I look over at Circuit sleeping naked beside me for a moment before returning to work. I know Circuit has access to government satellites and he's used them to help the club in the past.

I take my time and follow along the road we would speed down, until I find the clearing in the woods where the burned out cabin once was. I zoom in and sure enough a trailer sits in the spot we slept under the stars together. I assume that's where Damien and Dom are sleeping.

I look at the clock and see it's 6am, no point in me going back to sleep now as the sun shines through the window. I put the laptop back on the nightstand and turn to Circuit. I curl into his side and press my lips to the smooth skin of his chest. I take my time to trace the tattoos on his chest with my finger all of them telling me more about the man I love.

A pocket watch surrounded by roses
Covers his chest with a scroll containing 'blood makes you related' above and another with 'Loyalty makes you family' below. On his rib cage is written 'Death smiles at everyone, only the brave smile back'. I trace the cursive writing with my finger before pressing my lips to his ribs.

Bullet wound be damned, I want to touch the man I love and ignoring the dull ache from my shoulder I push myself down the bed and under the sheets to wake Circuit up in the best way.