Ch. 13

"Then marry me."

My mouth fell open. Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say what I think he said?

"I'm sorry, what?" I laughed nervously.

"Marry me, Kaila," he got up out his seat and on to one knee right in front of me, "I love you so much. I don't want anybody else, but you. Can you make me happy by becoming Mrs. East?"

"I- I don't know what to say. I love you too, but marriage? Do you think we're ready for that? I feel like we still have so much shit to work on between us."

He got up and lifted me up with him. "we're right for each other."

"Yea, but..."

He placed a finger on my lip to shush me, "no buts, marry me. Say yes, you know you want to."

Of course I wanted to, but I don't think I should. I did love him and yes, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, but we weren't ready. I wasn't ready.

"No."

He moved away from me and scoffed, "no?"

"We're not ready and when we do get married, I want both of us to be out the game. I want us both ready to settle down with just the two of us. I don't think you're ready for just me."

"Of course I am. I'm with just you right now."

I laughed, "Black, you're still getting your dick sucked by a couple of bitches in the house. Plus, I don't want to be engaged living in a house with you and other bitches unless they're our dogs."

"Say yes to marrying me in about five years."

I nodded, "yes."

I laughed and he kissed me, pulling me close. He mumbled a bunch of I love you's against my neck before sitting me back down.

After our date, we decided to spend the rest of the night away from the house. Dave got us a suite at a beautiful hotel in Hollywood. He showered me with kisses and hugs all night, not taking it any further than that.

Dave was really showing a different side to me. A side that I haven't seen since we were really young. This is who I love, this is who I stuck it out for.

~~

Johnny

"Should we open it?" Adonis asked.

All three of us stood around the table that the package sat on. After getting the box from that weird ass white man, we brought it back to our apartment.

"Hell no, I don't wanna hear Black's mouth talkin' bout we tampered with his shit." I twisted a strand of my hair, something I did when I was stressed.

The doorbell rang and I told Adonis to go answer it. Mike sat down in one of the chairs and pulled out the blunt he rolled earlier from behind his ears.

"Yo," Me and Mike turned to look at Adonis who had a frustrated look on his face, "Andrew here."

I rolled my eyes, "what this fuck nigga want?" I mumbled under my breath before following Adonis to the front with Mike trailing behind us.

"My three favorite boys, y'all been M.I.A, what the hell you niggas been up to?" Andrew leaned against the doorframe and smiled.

"Why the fuck you here bruh?" Mike asked, ignoring his question.

"I came to see how Black is treating you."

"He's treating us fine, any other questions or do you want to try to get us to rob and kill Black again?" I crosses my arms and sized him up, knowing he was nothing, but a bitch.

"Listen, about that, total misunderstanding." He chuckled awkwardly.

"What's to misunderstand? You a fake ass nigga, who likes to get what he wants and it doesn't matter who gets hurt."

"Look, if it wasn't for me, y'all asses would still be out on the street barely making it. I know for a fact that if it wasn't for me, you couldn't afford this damn place, so like I motherfucking said, it was a misunderstanding." he snapped.

"I can't wait for Black to kill his ass." Adonis mumbled under his breath.

"What do you want?" Mike asked, taking a step forward.

"I'm here to offer you a deal."

"Last time you offered us a deal, Black almost killed me." Mike squinted his eyes at him.

"Think of it like this, last time I offered you a deal, there were some bumps in the road, but you got hired." Andrew shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed ready to kick this ass out. I looked at my two friends and they both had the same look on their face. It probably was identical to mine.

"What's the deal?" Adonis spoke up. I always wondered what the hell Adonis seen in Andrew. They were total opposites. Adonis was a nice person, he put everybody before himself. Andrew was none of that.

Andrew looked him up and down before licking his lips and I tried my hardest not to throw up.

"I just wanna be updated on whatever Black tells you to do. Any jobs, any information, I wanna know."

"Why?" I asked.

"That's for me to know and for you not to find out, got it?" He took a couple bills out before handing it to me. "My way of saying thank you."

I took the bills out his hand and put it in my pocket. We all stood there silent, but was communicating through our minds.

"Ight, I'm outta here. Adonis let me talk to you for a minute though."

I looked at Adonis, making sure he was good and comfortable talking to him alone and he nodded. Mike and I left the two of them alone. We shared a look and shook our heads, knowing Adonis was about to be a dumb nigga.

~~

Black

Saturday nights were somethin' I always enjoyed. Most of the girls were out of the house workin' and if I didn't have to work, I stayed back and had some much needed me time.

As of right now, I was soakin' in some epsom salt and watermelon bubble bath that Kaila bought for me. The house was quiet, only thing bein' heard was 6lack's music.

Kaila went out with Brittney earlier to get their hair done and other shit, so they should be home soon. I missed my baby, she's been gone all day.

Lately, I've just been thinkin'. After I proposed to her, I was like damn, I missed a big ass step. I never even asked her to officially be my girl. We just been fuckin' around for years, but never officially dated. That shit gotta change.