Ch. 16

I must say, after Juice and his dog left a couple days ago, the atmosphere has been much more enjoyable. I've been more happy, making more money, and of course having sex with my man on the regular.

"Aye, wanna go make a run with me?" Black came inside the living room, fixing the sleeve of his black denim jacket.

"Nah, I don't feel too good, I think I'm getting sick." I sneezed on cue and he made a face of disgust while mumbling a bless you.

"Yea, stay the fuck away from me. I'll see you when I get back. Where Kandy at?"

I shrugged and went back to scrolling on my phone. I sensed somebody staring at me and I looked up to see Black still standing there.

"What?"

"I asked you a question and I need a proper response." He cleared his throat and crossed his hands. Here he go with the bullshit.

"I don't know where she's at, okay? Is that good for you, Dave?"

He scowled and walked closer to the couch. He grabbed my chin and stared at me. After examining my face, he let go and walked away without saying a word.

"What the hell was that?" I called after him, but didn't get a response. I rolled my eyes and got up to go into the kitchen. I needed to go grocery shopping for myself because ya girl was running out of pineapple juice.

Black walked into the kitchen without saying a word. I watched him walk around acting like he was looking for something.

"Aren't you supposed to be gone?" I poured the last of my pineapple juice into my cup.

"Damn why you rushin' me? You got somebody comin' or somethin'?"

I looked at him like he was dumb, which he was at the moment, "Nigga what are you talking about? Who could I possibly be bringing over here?"

He shrugged, "I don't fuckin' know. Who knows what the fuck you be doin' when I'm not around."

I rolled my eyes and laughed it off. I was not about to go back and forth with him, "You know what, you got it, you got some fucking nerve." I grabbed my cup and left out the kitchen.

I angrily stomped up the stairs and headed to my room. I took a couple deep breaths, trying to calm down and not let his stupidness get to me.

I heard the front door slam shut and I got up to look out my window, seeing him getting in the driver seat of his black Range Rover. This nigga really knew when to fuck everything up. Remember when I said I was much happier? Yea well, not any fucking more.

I pushed Black to the back of my mind and switched my shorts for some leggings. I grabbed a oversized jean jacket and put on my Givenchy slides. I was gonna go food shopping and maybe do a little more shopping just because. As I was leaving out, Brittney approached me.

"Where you about to go?" She asked.

"Grocery shopping and then some shoe shopping maybe." I shrugged, still debating if I wanted more shoes or jewelry.

"I'm tagging along. I haven't killed someone in like a week and I'm starting to get anxiety," I laughed and knew that she was deadass serious, "I'm gonna get my bag, so I'll meet you in the car."